diy solar

diy solar

Plain English LiFePO4 101

curiouscarbon

Science Penguin

I really enjoyed this talk. It's sort of long at 1.25 hour, and chock full of good info. Plain english.

It helped me fill in some of the gaps in my understanding of LiFePO4 cell chemistry. Of which there are many. You could say my understanding has many gaps which lithium ion knowledge could fill. And then it would be more charged after the knowledge intercalates..

Enjoy! ? ( try switching to 1.25x or 1.5x playback speed if it feels slow paced )

That's Professor Jay Whitacre. He's pretty captivating, and I would have easily taken a class. Knew about him from JPL references many years back.

More bio stuff from MIT:

Also well known years ago for the non-toxic battery "Aquion Energy", whose main application was micro-grid and not EV's with the electrolyte being mostly common salt-water.

Unlike most futuristic batteries, these actually made it to market (yes!), and had some significant financial backing from some well-knowns, but looks like the tentacles of business got to it - for whatever reason looks like it turned into a mess according to wikipedia

That's gotta' be frustrating for Prof Whitacre - because as you can see, his passion and motivation wanted these to go somewhere - but business dealings looks like they got in the way of that.

Back