diy solar

diy solar

Plastic case prismatics, strapped but no compression?

So.... to say that you have evidence that compression actually reduces cycle life .... based on a very short clip of a pack being put together is pretty ridiculous and reduces your credibility in general.

Yes it would, fortunately i didn’t say (or imply) that. Putting words in others mouths greatly reduces your credibility.

My evidence of compression reducing cell life comes from Winston, and resulted in them producing a different cell casing for applications where their cells were stacked.

I haven’t worked with anyone from EVE, but i do have a good relationship with a chemist from LGChem. He works closely with Ganfeng, and they make an equivalent cell to the EVE ones - i know exactly how they are put together in pack form. Their assembly plant is practically identical to the EVE setup. I buy premade packs from them for my mobile applications. The packing tape is strong enough to hold the “compression” of the factory pack.

Attachments

• 7A28E4FD-BFB3-4728-AE86-0DA290B2F771.jpeg
    7A28E4FD-BFB3-4728-AE86-0DA290B2F771.jpeg
    64 KB · Views: 14
I didn’t introduce EVE cells into the thread.

I have evidence of compressing prismatic LiFePO4 cells causing reduced life.

I have no evidence of compressing LiFePO4 cells increasing life.

I’m saying what i would do, i won’t be at all offended if others tread a different path.
Yes it would, fortunately i didn’t say (or imply) that. Putting words in others mouths greatly reduces your credibility.

You DID say that ..... and you still have presented no evidence.

So.... to say that you have evidence that compression actually reduces cycle life .... based on a very short clip of a pack being put together

My evidence is not based on that clip, and i never said it was.

I never said i would present the evidence, you will have to contact Winston directly for the results of the study that led to the development of their specific stacking cells.

Back