diy solar

diy solar

Please check the diagram for using 12v in Growatt 3000TL LVM-24P

big spring

I am working on the put the Growatt 3000TL LVM-24P in a van. In the van, I need to use 12v for the applications. I am wondering if anyone can help me to check the electric diagram and give some guides. Thanks!

Attachments

• 12v in van2.jpg
    12v in van2.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 89
Hi SmoothLoey,
Yes, you helped me yesterday. Thank you very much for your help. I don't know what size fuse to use. So I will post again today. I am a novice and basically don't know how to wire. I have a naive question. I don't understand the principle of Growatt 3000TL charging the battery. Will it interfere with the use of 12V when the Growatt 3000TL charges the battery? Because they are connected in parallel.
Do I need to put a main fuse on the red line before the battery is connected to BUSBAR? If needed, what size do I need to use?
I plan to use 4/0 wire to connect batteries to the busbar and the Growatt 3000TL. The batteries have the Anderson female connector so I looked for 4/0 wire with Anderson connector on the internet but I can not find it. What I can find is a 1/0 wire with Anderson connector (https://www.batterycablesusa.com/0-gauge-anderson-cable). The batteries will be placed in a wooden cabinet in a van in parallel. You are an expert... From a safety perspective, do you think the 1/0 line to the BUSBAR is safe and feasible for my batteries in a wooden cabinet? If not, will can I find the 4/0 wire with Anderson connector?

Thanks again!

I don't know what size fuse to use.
Those look like ready-made batteries.
Do they have a built it breaker?

I don't understand the principle of Growatt 3000TL charging the battery. Will it interfere with the use of 12V when the Growatt 3000TL charges the battery?
No.

Do I need to put a main fuse on the red line before the battery is connected to BUSBAR?
I think I see 2 store bought batteries that may already have a built in breaker, confirm?
4/0 will work and you will be able to use the 300amp fuse with it by aybc standards.
The batteries have the Anderson female connector so I looked for 4/0 wire with Anderson connector on the internet but I can not find it.
There is an anderson connector rated for 350 amps but the ones on your batteries are likely rated for 175 amps and therefore not compatible.

How many fused connection points are on the busbar?

If there are 4 or more fused connection points and your batteries include a breaker then just connect the batteries directly to the fuse positions along with your growatt and buck converter.
Use the same gage wire and anderson connector that is already on the battery.
Use a 200 or 215 amp fuse for each battery.
Please confirm that the wire from each battery is 2 awg?

2 awg will be fine and a 200 or 215 amp fuse as well.
So it will be 2 awg to everything except the buck converter and the same fuses.
Which is nice cause you won't need to keep spares for a bunch of different ratings.

Hi SmoothJoey,

Thank you for your patience and help.

This battery does not have a breaker but has a fuse (300A, see attachment). In the manual of Growatt 3000TL LVM-24P, the recommended maximum amperage is 164A (see attachment), does it mean I need to put a 164A fuse in the positive wire from the busbar to Growatt 3000TL LVM-24P?

My goal is to use 12v applications with Growatt 3000TL LVM-24P. Do you have a good circuit diagram to recommend? It is best to include components, wire gauge, fuse size, and purchase information on the circuit diagram.

Thanks again

12v in van3.jpg12v in van4.jpg

Hi SmoothJoey,

Thank you for your patience and help.

This battery does not have a breaker but has a fuse (300A, see attachment). In the manual of Growatt 3000TL LVM-24P, the recommended maximum amperage is 164A (see attachment), does it mean I need to put a 164A fuse in the positive wire from the busbar to Growatt 3000TL LVM-24P?

My goal is to use 12v applications with Growatt 3000TL LVM-24P. Do you have a good circuit diagram to recommend? It is best to include components, wire gauge, fuse size, and purchase information on the circuit diagram.

Thanks again

View attachment 37581View attachment 37582

The graphic is too small for me to make out any detail.
I think I see Penn Gillete.
How is the 300 amp fuse integrated with the battery?
Did you add it or did the battery manufacturer?

Code:
key {
    nnnAWG|NNN| = fused busbar position where nnn is the wire gauge and NNN is the fuse ampacity
    nnnAWG|UUU| = un-fused busbar position where nnn is the wire gauge
    <- = uni-directional current flow
    -> = uni-directional current flow
    <-> = bi-directional current flow
}
system {
    pos {
        002AWG|200|<->fuse<->battery.1.pos
        002AWG|200|<->fuse<->battery.2.pos
        1/0AWG|200|<->growatt.pos
        010AWG|025|->dc2dc_converter->fuse_block.pos
    }
    neg {
        002AWG|UUU|<->battery.1.neg
        002AWG|UUU|<->battery.2.neg
        1/0AWG|UUU|<->growatt.neg
        010AWG|UUU|<-dc2dc_converter<-fuse_block.neg
    }

}

Last edited:
I can not see the diagram. What I can see is the code (see the attached picture). Is there something wrong with my computer?

Attachments

• diagram.jpg
    diagram.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 7
I can not see the diagram. What I can see is the code (see the attached picture). Is there something wrong with my computer?
That is what you are supposed to see
Its an ASCII art representation your system

002AWG|200|<->fuse<->battery.1.pos

This is the first fused connection to your positive busbar.

How can I see the diagram on my computer? Do I need a special tool to see the diagram?
Use a text editor.
Its ASCII.
I know its a bit daunting since your probably not a coder and also a beginner at diysolar.
Give it a whirl.
Maybe some kind soul will translate it into a drawing for you.

Back