diy solar

diy solar

Please help me make sense of JK BMS models

Ganbatte

This is my first time building a battery - an 8s 230ah 24v lifepo4 for my van's solar, and I'm trying to decide on a BMS. I need at least 125A continuous discharge to be able to use my inverter's full capacity. I've been looking into JK BMS and am finding their website and other internet sources of info very confusing, as well as their nomenclature for the different models. Does model BD6A20S15P meet my needs? Any reason to go with 2A active balancing? Also, where is the best place to buy? Aliexpress? Amazon?

BD6A20S15P should do fine. I prefer to get them from Hankzor on Aliexpress. I'm using mine on 4 x 16s packs with 0.6A balancing current; I don't think it's necessary to have 2A. That said, there have been some issues with the JK. I've bought some recently and they seem to have fixed the problem, but I'm still testing.

This table might help remove some of the confusion with their model numbers:

Ha9dd0175b49245c4b61c14d93f7766e3L.jpg

18650batterystore has the jk-b1a24s15p in stock. They are USA based, so quick delivery and support.

IMHO, continuous output first. Active balance second (saves energy). At 230ah, the higher amps is nice, but i would prefer USA support if something goes wrong.

Last edited:
Thank you both. Very helpful. The jk-b1a24s15p that 18650 store has should be sufficient at 150A continuous. How do I tell if this is one of the suspect units with heating control? I see nothing on the spec sheets about which models are heater enabled. Or do they all have that functionality now?

They said they aren't aware of the problems the heater units have had, and that all of the ones they have in stock are the latest model. I went ahead and ordered one.

Back