diy solar

diy solar

Please help review this plan

jlukasavige

Thanks in advance for the help. I've used this forum to get this far and now finally have plans ready to submit. Before I do, I'd love any feedback anyone is willing to give.

My main question: do I need an exterior AC Disconnect? Should I call my county office to confirm?

I hired a permitting service to build the attached drawings and permit package for me, but I've already found some errors that they've fixed. I'd love an outside perspective instead of asking them.

I'm using Enphase Microinverters and they comply with code by automatically disconnecting when grid power is removed. I just upgraded the service to my home and have a new main panel, but it doesn't have a switch that's accessible without breaking the tamper-resistant lock installed by the utility company. I'm required to show the disconnect during the inspection and according to this drawing, I can remove power at the indoor sub-panel, which causes the inverters to shut down.

Please point out anything that jumps out at you from these drawings and photos. I'm open to every suggestion.

Attachments

• IMG_4291.jpg
    IMG_4291.jpg
    314.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4292.jpg
    IMG_4292.jpg
    391.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4230.JPG
    IMG_4230.JPG
    212.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4260.JPG
    IMG_4260.JPG
    300.8 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Not familair with the rules at your place but i would have a main breaker switch/ fuse at the incoming power just under the meter .

Back