diy solar

diy solar

Please help to decided Mpp solar or Schneider

Leo777

Hello like to know why is better option pay 4 times more for Schneider 6848 pro tham mpp solar lvx6048 please help me to decided

You can explain because both to my understanding can go to point a to point b
Perspective . . . and I tend to agree with you Leo.

As I approach problems with a "survivalist" or "prepper" perspective, I try to avoid single-points-of-failure. If you can buy two, three or four for the price of one (and both choices will solve the problem), I would consider buying at least two (more if it is a critical item) for backup or redundancy. Remember, you may not be able to get a replacement WHEN you need it.

Now, keep in mind that for some items, "spares" are not needed as they are easily and quickly attainable. Chinese LiFePO4 cells immediately come to mind! ?

I've got experience with Schneider. On the plus side, Schneider equipment is rock solid and built to support professional installers and commercial applications. That results in the complaint that lots of people have with Schneider: They no longer are interested in supporting DIYers. Their support channels are really intended for the professional installers. I've not actually required any support, but there are lots of posts on-line from people being entirely unable to find how to ask a question, and after that, get an answer. Even people that had their system professionally installed often can't get the installer to come back, and so needs to contact the manufacturer.

For my home, I've paid a premium for UL listed equipment because I was advised (but who knows) that home insurance may deny claims if non-UL appliances are involved. I notice that Schneider 6848 pro may have UL certifications? - not sure....

• Regulatory Approval: UL1741, CSA 107.1, FCC & Industry Canada Class B, IEEE 1547 and CSA 107.1
I notice they say peak efficiency which is pretty good -
  • Peak Efficiency: 95.7%
My AIMS 12,000w inverters max out at about 84% - which can be a big deal. In my case, my PV is 18,000kwh/year and I only get 15,000kwh out of the inverters - so I lose 3,000kwh/year!

Personally I agree with @zzyzx :) but as I said, I went ETL/UL for the sake of home/family members.

The people that say you can’t contact Schneider is because they don’t download the app because on the app appears the technical support phone number another thing on October mpp solar will release the lvx6048 water proof and with UL 1741 certification approved but my problem is because I need two inverters to supply my demand is 10,000 vs 3,000 and like to understand why is 7,000 of difference

The people that say you can’t contact Schneider is because they don’t download the app because on the app appears the technical support phone number
With all due respect, no one should have to download an app to find a number to get a hold of a company for support.. not that I had to or contacted them I'm just saying I've had a gut full of companies saving thousands of dollars by no longer printing proper manuals, etc becuae they assume EVERYONE has high speed internet and a printer to download one or companies who do not offer any support other than through their Facebook page.. GRRRR that urinates me off more than life itself... nothing more than a way to make more money at the customers expense. Guardline driveway alarms is like that, I have one of their almost a mile driveway alarms and I added some sensors, I take my phone with their online PDF over the hill and threw the dale to Grandmothers house to add a sensor and open the PDF to see how to set a certain dip switch and the link in their stupid online manual is ERROR 404. GRRRRRRRRRR

The people that say you can’t contact Schneider is because they don’t download the app because on the app appears the technical support phone number another thing on October mpp solar will release the lvx6048 water proof and with UL 1741 certification approved but my problem is because I need two inverters to supply my demand is 10,000 vs 3,000 and like to understand why is 7,000 of difference
Hey @Leo777 - You should get a keyboard with a working period key. Just sayin. :)

at the end this type of comments do not help anything with this thread

at the end this type of comments do not help anything with this thread
You're among friends here Leo... chill out dude, slamming people isn't going to make people want to help you, we're not laughing at you. :)

Jen

Last edited:
I ended up with Schneider after having to make the choice. In continuous use for almost a year now.

Rock solid hardware, average software and mediocre support.

Seems unlikely that $3000 of equipment is as good as $10000 worth. Buy once, cry once I say.

Just one person’s opinion, take it for what it’s worth.

Oops!

How about quality aint cheap and cheap aint quality then since buy once was taken ?

?

My father always told me, "buy what you want the first time, otherwise you will buy it again."

Back