diy solar

diy solar

Please Needing Help Quick

That sounds like what my AIO used to do when I tried to charge with a non-inverter generator.
It would sync the phase, charge for a second or two, then the phase would go out of sync, it would click, stop charging, re-sync, and so on (and on).
With the inverter generator it doesn't do that, the phase is stable.
Maybe it's not that, but it sounds like what mine did.
-

That sounds like what my AIO used to do when I tried to charge with a non-inverter generator.
It would sync the phase, charge for a second or two, then the phase would go out of sync, it would click, stop charging, re-sync, and so on (and on).
-
Yes sounds identical. Darn shame too it’s a great Genny I have. Guess I’ll be building my solar rack sooner than anticipated to get my max power in and change these batteries proper. Was getting 900w earlier today that’s nice but not enough I’ve got 15 more panels still on the pallet need to get them all hooked up proper like. Anyone wanna come out and build a rack lol

-
I think that's the higher possibility.

Guess I’ll be building my solar rack sooner than anticipated

Well, maybe in the meantime you can put some of them on the ground, prop one end up a bit with some breeze blocks or something, and get an almost decent charge.
Personally, I worry more about wind than about "optimal" angle. I get quite a good charge from mine when the sun has some 20° on them.
-

Well, maybe in the meantime you can put some of them on the ground, prop one end up a bit with some breeze blocks or something, and get an almost decent charge.
Personally, I worry more about wind than about "optimal" angle. I get quite a good charge from mine when the sun has some 20° on them.
-
I worry about the dogs, and the cattle. Still getting the fence up and there free range cattle round here. Most stay away but all it takes is one curious cow to crush the panels laying on the ground. And dogs love to play and sleep on them if they’re not at a decent angle.

Ok it was set to the default of 46v I just now changed it to 51v. But from what I’m reading setting 12 is only used when program one is set to SBU
Then I read some more and set it down to 45v been playing around adjusting my generators idle set screw RPMs up and down a bit trying to get it where the Inverter is happy. No luck so far.
Currently testing with no PV input and inverter output off. Charger comes on for three seconds then goes off doesn’t appear to be a perfect pattern just comes and goes when it wants

Could be a frequency issue.
Yeah I’ve been trying to read the manual slower to catch all the little fine prints. And it says because my green light flashes it’s insufficient quality of AC power check of generator is working well. I’ll try to get my hands on a different generator for test purposes

If you can rent or borrow an inverter-type one, it should solve the phase sync issue.
It's what I had to do. I got an inverter one. I kept my old one, for heavy loads. The cement mixer, for example, the inverter one won't deal with.

It wasn't cheap, but one added advantage (another being that I can lift it with one hand, put it in the car and take it around) is that it's a lot quieter.
I keep it some 30 metres from the house, under a tree, with a box on top for the rain and dew, I can't really hear it.
-

Back