diy solar

diy solar

Please Needing Help Quick

Is the ground wet, at the generator?
Or at the batteries?
Or anything else connected.
I set the generator on a thick sheet of plywood and then it worked… Ground didn’t seem wet to me but we had some rain recently and everything here is sand. Strange but maybe this was part of the issue anyways now I am able to replicate what I did before I have no ground prong on this cable and it successfully carries electricity from Generator to Inverter. But I’m still having the inverter side issue, Going from charging to not charging off and on. And someone asked earlier if it sounded like the generator was hunting and now that I’m repeating it yes it does sound like it’s hunting

Do you have an auto transformer connected to the inverter?
If so, make sure that the neutral isn't bonded to ground.

I set the generator on a thick sheet of plywood and then it worked… Brown didn’t seem wet to me but we had some rain recently and everything here is sand. Strange but maybe this was part of the issue anyways now I am able to replicate what I did before I have no ground prong on this cable and it successfully carries electricity from Generator to Inverter. But I’m still having the inverter side issue, Going from charging to not charging off and on. And someone asked earlier if it sounded like the generator was hunting and now that I’m repeating it yes it does sound like it’s hunting
That was me.
My theory is that the all in one bypass relay switches to inverter mode because the generator HZ or going in and out of spec.
Either that or the voltage is going in and out of spec.

Or it could be the generator is just adapting to the load drop when the charger stops.

And someone asked earlier if it sounded like the generator was hunting and now that I’m repeating it yes it does sound like it’s hunting
When the generator bogs down from the load, the voltage drops below the acceptable tolerance for the inverter.
Change ups setting to generator.

Anyway its seems that the current is leaking from the case of the all_in_one and its making its way through the dirt to the generator and that is tripping the GFCI.
That is dangerous and scary.

If that doesn't fix it, you may have to disconnect some of the batteries to decrease the load.
The communications is asking for too much power.

When the generator bogs down from the load, the voltage drops below the acceptable tolerance for the inverter.
Change ups setting to generator.
My book for setting number three has two options, appliances which is default or UPS.
Appliance acceptable range is 80 to 140 UPS range is 90 to 140. It’s at appliances setting now should I change it to UPS seems like it would be a narrower window and not better?

Maybe unland the earth ground while the generator is on the plywood and carefully see if you can measure voltage between the generator chassis and earth ground cable.

My book for setting number three has two options, appliances which is default or UPS.
Appliance acceptable range is 80 to 140 UPS range is 90 to 140. It’s at appliances setting now should I change it to UPS seems like it would be a narrower window and not better?
No
UPS is not for your type of generator.

Back