diy solar

diy solar

Pls help me with system design

See rev-003 in below, I think that will clear it up.

View attachment 68308
Hi Joey I wanted to show you this

Currently attached to the battery I have three loads

One is dc power that runs to the dc circuit board on the main distribution panel

One is the inverter

And I believe the last is the main power

I think we assumed the house power (shore power and generator) was being fed directly to the ac panel, but I believe it’s actually connected to the battery directly because the wire feeds from the left side of the camper where the shore power connection is

I can either connect these lines to the bus bars or I can continue to run them directly to the batter , thoughts ?

Currently attached to the battery I have three loads

One is dc power that runs to the dc circuit board on the main distribution panel

One is the inverter

And I believe the last is the main power
What is the "main power"?

I think we assumed the house power (shore power and generator) was being fed directly to the ac panel, but I believe it’s actually connected to the battery directly because the wire feeds from the left side of the camper where the shore power connection is

I can either connect these lines to the bus bars or I can continue to run them directly to the batter , thoughts ?
Connecting 120VAC ac power to a 12VDC battery would be a spectacularly bad idea.

What is/was connected to all those cables?
Please describe all 4 endpoints.
Morning Joey, it was actually the generator cables. Anyway I got it all sorted and I’m really happy. I spent two days working 10 hours a day mounting the new panels, wiring the dc-dc charger and reorganizing the system. I’m not completely done yet, still have a couple fuses to add but I’ll post pics soon. Thanks again!

Following up , everything working great . Question for anyone who can help

If i want to add a victron multiplus to this setup , would it just be a matter one additional cable from the busbars to the battery terminals on the victron?

i have my ac side figured out , just trying to get the dc side understood , thanks a lot

I’m not going to jump in on the more knowledgeable folks already on this bus, but in my skimover read of this thread I’m not seeing where you upgraded your mod-sine inverter to a pure sine wave model.

I thought I’d suggest that - the Giandel 1200W model is only $200 and works well for the low-price-point inverters. And even though I knew better I ran a cheapo inverter early on and spent HUNDREDS of dollars more than a pure sine inverter would have cost me to begin with. I burnt a computer monitor and killed stuff surprisingly quickly cuz I was foolish. FWIW

I’m not going to jump in on the more knowledgeable folks already on this bus, but in my skimover read of this thread I’m not seeing where you upgraded your mod-sine inverter to a pure sine wave model.

I thought I’d suggest that - the Giandel 1200W model is only $200 and works well for the low-price-point inverters. And even though I knew better I ran a cheapo inverter early on and spent HUNDREDS of dollars more than a pure sine inverter would have cost me to begin with. I burnt a computer monitor and killed stuff surprisingly quickly cuz I was foolish. FWIW
Morning , I picked up a 3000w victron multiplus. Watched a ton of videos , got my question answered thanks.

I’m sure @smoothJoey will probably cry when he sees this , but this is a photo of the core of my system

That little plumbing cubbord Is directly on top of the plastic battery box with is build into the front of the camper which sits right behind the cabover , it was the only place close to the battery I have to work with the SCC. I wish I had space to pull all of this out and move to a nice mounting board and make it aesthetically pleasing but I don’t have a spot for it
6363479C-0070-44D0-847B-791F2937B0AE.jpeg927C27B7-7F0B-475A-B6F5-30A9C526FEF1.jpeg751F4ED9-8497-4B55-ACA0-19D53AF5547C.jpegFE93B6C2-F0C5-4086-A2BF-B2597F108567.jpeg1D699C6E-8EB8-461F-9A28-F39D0AA29F02.jpeg9081453E-D64C-48B5-B523-04964A44E54F.jpeg42504CE6-9670-40B4-B016-603C9FC7ECB2.jpegEECCD47E-4196-4BA5-9D8B-BE0D9B3D03D1.jpeg

Back