diy solar

diy solar

Plug and Play 100Ah LiFePO4 at WalMart

Rider

Solar Addict
I wonder if that 2yr warranty covers people using as a 'drop in lead acid replacement' after the standard lead acid charger degrades the battery. I'm guessing not

Make sure to only use a compatible lithium charger for this battery.

So not really a 'drop in replacement'. *sigh*

I wonder if that 2yr warranty covers people using as a 'drop in lead acid replacement' after the standard lead acid charger degrades the battery. I'm guessing not

So not really a 'drop in replacement'. *sigh*
Dunno. But I figured most on here wouldn't be using it like that anyway. For a LiFePO4, that's not a bad price.

True enough, people here wouldn't treat it like that because even if they weren't aware of it, when they post about it the forum will let them know about it. That doesn't account for the great unwashed though who will invariably just read the 'drop in replacement' bit and go ahead with just that.

Dunno. But I figured most on here wouldn't be using it like that anyway. For a LiFePO4, that's not a bad price.
$740 shipped.
Battle Born is $950 shipped.
You save $210
There are cheaper, similar 100Ah LFP batteries like SOK at $620?
I got a 100Ah BB blem for $835 shipped so $740 is no great deal.

$740 shipped.
Battle Born is $950 shipped.
You save $210
There are cheaper, similar 100Ah LFP batteries like SOK at $620?
I got a 100Ah BB blem for $835 shipped so $740 is no great deal.
$715 with tax shipped. And you're dealing with WalMart who will make it right, if it screws up, unlike some overseas direct vendor. And it's still less than you paid. I'd rather pay a few more $ to deal with WalMart than deal with an unknown vendor. Look at all the horror stories on these places.

Why are you always such a negative nancy to my posts? Take it at face value, if you don't like it, move on. This forum is for an exchange of ideas, not to one up or disparage.

I coined a term Battleborn snobs on another forum .... I do think they assemble a very good battery ..... but the people who own them are very insulted by anything which challenges the idea that there are other ready made batteries that may be a better deal.

$715 with tax shipped. And you're dealing with WalMart who will make it right, if it screws up, unlike some overseas direct vendor. And it's still less than you paid. I'd rather pay a few more $ to deal with WalMart than deal with an unknown vendor. Look at all the horror stories on these places.

Why are you always such a negative nancy to my posts? Take it at face value, if you don't like it, move on. This forum is for an exchange of ideas, not to one up or disparage.
$740 to CA but maybe less tax for you.

It's Walmart marketplace so not shipping from Walmart. Look at who is selling it.

It's a public forum so if you don't want replies then maybe you should take your own advice?
So sorry you felt your battery choice was disparaged.

Mighty Max is only 4 prismatic cells and a BMS in a cheap plastic case just like SOK and others.
Maybe MM has correctly sized cables and assembly. At least the SOK has a tear down video.

$740 to CA but maybe less tax for you.
That's why I quoted the battery only price. Let the buyer figure out if it's a good deal.
It's Walmart marketplace so not shipping from Walmart. Look at who is selling it.
WalMart still stand behind the purchase. Still trust that arrangement far more than any overseas vendor.
It's a public forum so if you don't want replies then maybe you should take your own advice?
Fortunately, there is a way to resolve seeing any further posts by you.

I coined a term Battleborn snobs on another forum .... I do think they assemble a very good battery ..... but the people who own them are very insulted by anything which challenges the idea that there are other ready made batteries that may be a better deal.
Perhaps, I (not a battleborn owner) guess one of these could be purchased by say yourself and taken apart and analysed for the forum to show if it is or isn't a challenger.

Perhaps, I (not a battleborn owner) guess one of these could be purchased by say yourself and taken apart and analysed for the forum to show if it is or isn't a challenger.
Exactly. You can't begin to eval it until you know it exists. The price makes it more acceptable.
I'm not in the market for one, so this was for info only for anyone that might be interested. Sorry it took a wrong turn. I'll refrain in the future.

Lol I suggested a SOK battery that is $620 shipped if he wants a cheap price vs a $715 Mighty Max battery.
They are probably about the same quality.
You got the insulted bit backwards as he was the one that can't handle an opinion which he was openly soliciting.

But yeah Battle Born is the standard for drop in batteries that all these others will be compared to.
I wont waste my time extolling the benefits of a BB to you over these slightly cheaper batteries.

Last edited:
Exactly. You can't begin to eval it until you know it exists. The price makes it more acceptable.
I'm not in the market for one, so this was for info only for anyone that might be interested. Sorry it took a wrong turn. I'll refrain in the future.
Mighty Max is well known as a battery brand but nothing special as to price or features.
A lot of these kind of 100Ah LFP batteries on Amazon and elsewhere.
Will reviewed ExpertPower and Ruixxu (SP) with both of them underwhelming him.
The Costco battery deal is hard to beat when it is available.

The search for a quality bargain drop in 100Ah LFP is ongoing with any contenders being inevitably compared to Battle Born.
Will's latest Aliexpress $456 105Ah battery turned out to be junk.
I doubt if Will has any interest in reviewing Mighty Max.

Reactions: Dzl
Back