diy solar

diy solar

Polinovel 12V Lithium Battery LiFePO4 HD

zbimson

Wondering if anyones had any experience with any Polinovel Lithium Battery LiFePO4 HD batteries ?
Im from the UK and looking at Battle Born alternatives for a 12v power system for a van conversion.

Looking at these they look ok but wondered if anyone had any experience with them ?

I might be mistaken but i couldnt see them having low temp protection ?

DIY could be an option but exploring plug and play first

Im also interested in this - I contacted them and they said they have a 160amp bms as standard, when i asked about low temp cut off they said they could use a 150amp bms that could come with this at no extra cost, the price seems too good to be true so it would be interesting if anyone else had experiences with them.

I've also messaged them as I'm looking at building a 24v 900ah system, on the site it says 4 in parallel and series which is a little confusing is a little confusing

Wondering if anyones had any experience with any Polinovel Lithium Battery LiFePO4 HD batteries ?
Im from the UK and looking at Battle Born alternatives for a 12v power system for a van conversion.

Looking at these they look ok but wondered if anyone had any experience with them ?

I might be mistaken but i couldnt see them having low temp protection ?

DIY could be an option but exploring plug and play first

We offer two different LiFePO4 ranges. HD that are cylindrical cells. With BMS (either 100Amp or 160Amp in the professional range) that has Over temp protection but not low temp cut off.
Or we offer Novel series that are Prismatic LiFePO4 cells with Bluetooth communication app. That includes temp monitoring and display. The 100Ah novel series is a 100Amp BMS but the 200Ah or 300Ah novel series has a 200Amp BMS. https://www.qualitysource.co.uk/products/novel-series-12v-200ah

I've also messaged them as I'm looking at building a 24v 900ah system, on the site it says 4 in parallel and series which is a little confusing is a little confusing
Hi Watson, the BMS allows Either parallel OR series connection. You can’t do both parallel and series. In the same set up. If you are looking for a bigger system. I recommend looking at our V series home storage batteries. These are 48V systems that are available in 3Kwh 5Kwh or 7 KWh sizes.

Just thought I would bump this post and see if anyone above has since used a Polinovel battery and if they perform ok?

A .2C charge rate (max of 40A for a 200Ah battery) is less than flooded lead acid batteries can accept and indicates a low budget/low current handling internal FET based BMS. In contrast two 100Ah Battleborn batteries in parallel can be charged at 0.5C, or 100A which is a lot faster.

A .2C charge rate (max of 40A for a 200Ah battery) is less than flooded lead acid batteries can accept and indicates a low budget/low current handling internal FET based BMS. In contrast two 100Ah Battleborn batteries in parallel can be charged at 0.5C, or 100A which is a lot faster.

The std charge rate of the HD series 200Ah is 60Amps this is the recommended charge rate, you can charge at upto 80Amps but doing so always may well reduce the number of cycles you get from the battery. We do offer uprated BMS of 160Amps in the HD series. This allows upto 160Amp continuous discharge or pulse discharge of 350Amps max.
Those that wish to charge at higher rates can consider the novel series that uses prismatic cells and that has std charge rate of 65 Amps max of 85Amps. Continuous discharge of 200Amps. With pulse discharge of upto 400Amps . Any questions please contact us and we are happy to discuss the options that suit your application.

Last edited:

2 x 100Ah Novel series series can be charged at up to 120 Amps std rate. ( Max 170Amps.) when connected in parallel. However we don’t recommend exceeding the single battery charge rate to avoid any possibility of BMS shut down in the event that a poor connection to one battery or unequal wire spec, length etc then delivers that charge rate unevenly potentially causing a BMS shut down on one of the batteries that then routes all the current to the remaining battery. Also causing that to shut down. For most uses you don’t need to charge at such a high rate and if you do it is likely to need a bigger size bank, that tolerates higher still charge rates.

I really appreciate this discussion. I have also been contemplating Polinovel LiFePo battery setup.

I think Polinovel have answered convincingly and technically well to the above queries.

Polinovel:

What about putting a discount code on here, so some of us campervan converters/owners can give them a try and report back to threads like this to open up potential sales for you?

Just a thought.

Thanks

Thank you, we are in the process of adding a customer feedback rating system to the website to enable each customer to give a review if they wish. These will get displayed on the google results once 100 reviews are added. Our whole philosophy is great products at affordable prices, our prices are not inflated to then offer false discounts. If buying more than one battery we offer a 5% discount that is possible by reduced transport costs When moving two or more units together. But to help track where customers are seeing our products you may use discount code ‘£35’ when purchasing any single battery. Reviews are posted on our Facebook site ‘quality source LiFePO4’

I bought from Quality Source Ltd. I got the 200 ah Polinovel lifepo4 with smart bms and a 40ah mains charger (seem to discontinued). Both have been flawless. Look on YouTube for John & Mandy, they are living full timers currently touring Europe. Watching them convinced me to go with Polinovel.

The guy running the business is called Roland, his customer service is second to none.

Back