diy solar

diy solar

Populating AC Input & AC Loads section of my Venus/Cerbo GX web page sans Victron Inverter

Bigbillsd

Has anyone figured out how to populate those fields with AC data if your Inverter isn't a Victron? I have a fairly new Magnum PSW and I can't justify buying a new Multiplus until it dies. I am hoping some other "cheapskate" has come up with something that will measure them and send the data to a GX. I've seen many current sensing transformers out there. Since the Venus software is in the public domain I am guessing someone has already invented this wheel. I found this field in my Cerbo that makes me think there are wireless devices that will populate those AC fields that aren't part of a MultiPlus. Thanks, Bill

Attachments

• VGX.JPG
    VGX.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 8
  • VictronWirelessACsensors.JPG
    VictronWirelessACsensors.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Someone would also have to be able to decode the data from the Magnum - assuming it even communicates this. I'm guessing you're out of luck. that option likely refers to the AC current sensors Victron offers, but I believe those are primarily for AC-coupled systems where the multi/quattro can know the current from the coupled AC source (grid tie inverter).

Someone would also have to be able to decode the data from the Magnum - assuming it even communicates this. I'm guessing you're out of luck. that option likely refers to the AC current sensors Victron offers, but I believe those are primarily for AC-coupled systems where the multi/quattro can know the current from the coupled AC source (grid tie inverter).

Im not looking for any info from the magnum. Just thinking some of those donut transformers might work. Similar to this: 1610846988249.png

That's exactly what I linked. It's for AC coupled grid tied systems to communicate with the Multiplus or Quattro - neither of which you have. I was demonstrating primarily that the option you located was for Victron specific hardware.

What wireless sensors go into this field in the Cerbo GX?

Attachments

• VictronWirelessACsensors.JPG
    VictronWirelessACsensors.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 3
I would love to buy wire sensors to populate my CerboGX AC info. I see no way to fit a Victron 3000 watt Inverter into my bus. The multiplus II 2400 watt is just not big enough, and even that would need to be shoehorned into the same space my Magnum 3kw occupies, so probably not enough airflow.

Last edited:
Here we are 2 years later and I'm having the exact same situation... non-Victron inverter and would like to populate the AC Current on my Cerbo display. Did you have any luck, @Bigbillsd ?

There's a list of compatible energy meters, that'll (via USB/RS485) talk to Venus and populate that field. ABB and Carlo Cavazzi are the manufacturers, often found on ebay for very little money.

There's a list of compatible energy meters, that'll (via USB/RS485) talk to Venus and populate that field. ABB and Carlo Cavazzi are the manufacturers, often found on ebay for very little money.
That list would be nice to find. And also something documenting how to use them without the Victron Inverter. I do remember reading about the Cavazzi ones, but when asking Victron on their forum they said they would only work if I had a Multiplus or similar.

That list would be nice to find. And also something documenting how to use them without the Victron Inverter. I do remember reading about the Cavazzi ones, but when asking Victron on their forum they said they would only work if I had a Multiplus or similar.
Post a link to your community forum link please.

The list will be within the Victron online documentation.

Back