diy solar

diy solar

Portable Camping Solar Gen (LiFePO4)

Gezmondr

Hi All,

I am looking at getting a solar generator battery storage system to take camping for a few days at a time, will leave it in the camper rather than fitting leisure battery - May also use at home occasionally for the odd task too. Seeing as it's for camping, it's is not necessarily the amount of storage but as a number one priority it absolutely must be able to boil a low wattage kettle ~1kW

I started looking a the Bluetti EB70 but the reviews are not good and not powerful enough
EcoFlow River Max - Liked this but not powerful enough
I was about to pull the trigger on an EcoFlow Delta Mini as it looks like just what we need but at the last minute I notice it uses an NCM batteries, WTF?!

Really don't see why these products are still being produced with these legacy batteries, does anyone know of a similar system with the same type of output with LFP batteries? I'm struggling to find something.

I've found what I need - the OUPES 1200w, but I need something with UK sockets on it

Far fewer options over here ?

Hi All,

I am looking at getting a solar generator battery storage system to take camping for a few days at a time, will leave it in the camper rather than fitting leisure battery - May also use at home occasionally for the odd task too. Seeing as it's for camping, it's is not necessarily the amount of storage but as a number one priority it absolutely must be able to boil a low wattage kettle ~1kW

I started looking a the Bluetti EB70 but the reviews are not good and not powerful enough
EcoFlow River Max - Liked this but not powerful enough
I was about to pull the trigger on an EcoFlow Delta Mini as it looks like just what we need but at the last minute I notice it uses an NCM batteries, WTF?!

Really don't see why these products are still being produced with these legacy batteries, does anyone know of a similar system with the same type of output with LFP batteries? I'm struggling to find something.
If you're looking for a solar generator battery storage system for camping that can also handle occasional tasks at home and prioritize boiling a low-wattage kettle, I can suggest a few alternatives for you to consider.

1. Goal Zero Yeti 1500X: This portable power station offers a capacity of 1516Wh and can handle a 2000W surge. It features an AC outlet, USB ports, and a 12V carport. The Yeti 1500X utilizes lithium iron phosphate (LiFePO4 or LFP) batteries, which are known for their longevity and stability.
  2. Jackery Explorer 1000: This power station provides a 1002Wh capacity and can handle a 2000W surge. It has multiple AC outlets, USB ports, and a 12V carport. The Explorer 1000 also uses LiFePO4 batteries.
Both of these options should be capable of boiling a low-wattage kettle, and they utilize LFP batteries instead of NCM (Nickel Cobalt Manganese) batteries. LFP batteries are known for their safety, longer cycle life, and stable performance. They are a popular choice for portable power solutions.

Before making a purchase, it's always a good idea to check the specifications and customer reviews to ensure the product meets your specific requirements.

Back