diy solar

diy solar

"portable" solar system wiring

tchendrix

"portable" here means ground mounted panels which COULD be relocated if desired...

a) is this the correct order of components? This is just really rough. I'll post a schematic to the group later but I want to make sure i even understand the order of the components

LEGEND:

| = panel

___ = connecting wire

--> = last panel wire

--- = wiring

sc = solar charge controller

very simple schematic

| ___ | ___ |___ |___ |___ | --> scs ---- bsm ---- 13kwh (4 280ah eve groups of 4) --- 5000w inverter

b) does each battery (4qty 3.x EVE cells for a total of 280ah) - looking for 4 total 280ah batteries need it's own bsm? what does that wiring look like.

c) is the inverter size based on the max # of watts you would be able to power at a given time?

c) is the inverter size based on the max # of watts you would be able to power at a given time?
Yes, Don't forget to consider peak or in rush surge while determining inverter size and type. Its interesting how often this item is found at the end of the list when in fact an energy audit should be performed FIRST to determine how much power you are going to need. Everything is then sized somewhat in reverse order of the list you provided.

Each battery needs it's own BMS (not bsm).

5000 watts is a huge inverter for a 12 volt system, unless you're putting those 4 batteries in series for 48 volts. If you were, I recommend building a single 16s 48 volt battery instead.

If you do have for distinct 4s batteries then each battery needs to have equal access to the charge and load. The typical way of doing this is to install a set of common bus bars and each battery connects to the bus bar using equal length cables.

Higher voltage means lower amperage. Which means smaller wiring and fuses or breakers. Everything is more efficient at Higher voltage.

Back