diy solar

diy solar

positive ground Renogy MPPT

brkylnkid

Hi guys
i ended up with a positive ground MPPT. how do i ground it if im using in camper? if i ground it to chassis wont that just short my 12v system out?

Just keep the negative to negative and positive to positive. I would keep the case insulated from everything. Mount on wood or something.

Just keep the negative to negative and positive to positive. I would keep the case insulated from everything. Mount on wood or something.

Ok, I am looking at the buying Renogy 20 amp MPPT controller and it is common positive, as long as I keep positive to positive and negative to negative, I am ok? I plan on just connecting it to the panels and to my battery, but it will be in my popup camper(negative ground system).

Renogy sells negative ground controllers. Back some time in prehistory they got in trouble with pos ground in USA.

Renogy sells negative ground controllers. Back some time in prehistory they got in trouble with pos ground in USA.
I know but they are quite a bit more expensive. If it won't present a problem then I'd just as soon as go with them.....but....

Back