diy solar

diy solar

Potential dangerous location of multiplus

Maybe it's different in TTs and 5vers... I never really got into the walls of our TT's when we had them. I know some of the interior walls were hollow, but no idea whether it was to this extent.

No different in mine. The interior walls are worthless for attaching anything heavy. I spent considerable time reinforcing the platform my components sit on.

Below is an interior wall between a closet and the refrigerator. The 1"x2" was there from the factory. I added the two pieces of scrap plywood to improve the strength. A hanger rod with a shelf attaches to the 1"x2". It screamed out at me for some additional support. The pair of black/red wires on the left are coming down from the PV on the roof.

View attachment 73402

Attachments

• 1637772119769.png
    1637772119769.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
I don't have victron, since it didn't have the specifications I needed at time.
But I think they have a high quality product with good features which just look great.

I've opted to mount my inverter right in the living space of my RV. I think it looks cool and everybody asks - what is that?
Then I can ramble on how great solar is for half an hour :p one of my favorite topics.

And cooling is much better then inside any box.

View attachment 73280
Just an observation: you should clamp those wires to the wall with a nice offset bend and insulated clamps so the growatt isn’t supporting the mass and movement of those cablings.

I agree it looks cool!
My pending arrival of parts upgrade will have a metal sheet/plate with a 3/4 airspace behind it where everything will be mounted. Bus bars, charger, relays, charge controller, kWh meter, and inverter.
Exposed stuff can be art work :)

Just an observation: you should clamp those wires to the wall with a nice offset bend and insulated clamps so the growatt isn’t supporting the mass and movement of those cablings.

I agree it looks cool!
My pending arrival of parts upgrade will have a metal sheet/plate with a 3/4 airspace behind it where everything will be mounted. Bus bars, charger, relays, charge controller, kWh meter, and inverter.
Exposed stuff can be art work :)
Thanks, I will follow that advice,

I already have the cables mounted to the wall at multiple spots and will cover it all up with a transparent plastic cover to prevent accidentally yanking them.

Back