diy solar

diy solar

Power Bright PW 2300-12 power inverter

Polyj79

Folks, I have this new Power Bright PW 2300-12 inverter from a vehicle that was to be used for microwave oven. When I retired from a gas utility the garage mechanics gave it to me. I have a small tool shed in my yard. What can I do with it (on a budget)? I would love to get my feet wet now that I have some time. All suggestions are welcomed and appreciated.
Mike

According to the product web page that unit is a modified sine wave design. AC motors and transformers won't appreciate that. They will work but they'll buzz, get hotter than normal and will likely under perform too. Some switching power supplies in computers, TVs and even modern inverter fridges may not even run.

That said, your eventual use for the inverter may well be fine with it's output. It's rated at 2.3kW so if we halve that to be gentle to it and take into account that it possibly isn't really rated for that at all, that leaves you with 1.2kW to play with. That's enough to cook with an electric frypan (element embedded in the pan) and certainly more than enough to run a laptop if the power supply is happy with the inverter.

Toss in a couple of about 200 watt solar panels, an MPPT charge controller and a lifepo4 battery and you'll find ways to keep tinkering in the shed for years. :)

Back