diy solar

diy solar

Power distribution center and solar

BillJ

In my RV I have a WFCO 8735 Power Distribution center and it claims to do 3 stage battery charging. The RV also came with solar installed. My question is does the 8735 only try to charge batteries when connected to shore power or does it also try and charge them when my solar charge controller is feeding power to the system?

WFCO 8735 only charges when shorepower is available from grid or generator. The SCC should charge batteries any time there is enough sun to cause your SCC to operate. The SCC operates separately from the WFCO.

In my RV I have a WFCO 8735 Power Distribution center and it claims to do 3 stage battery charging. The RV also came with solar installed. My question is does the 8735 only try to charge batteries when connected to shore power or does it also try and charge them when my solar charge controller is feeding power to the system?
I talked to the WFCO manufacture last week. There is a new WFCO8735Lis coming out - it is designed to charge LiFePo batteries...apparently the standard 8735 does not do so... check out the website for WFCO... www.wfcoelectronics.com

Back