diy solar

diy solar

Power for My home AC unit (heat pump13seer)

HirschHouse

I am wanting to build a system that will power my home AC unit and some other appliances. Can you solar pros take a look at my rough draft and let me know if the Mpp Solar 6548 is a good way to go? Do you think it will be able to start and run my AC unit? I really need it to power the unit during day time hours 10am to about 5pm. I can then return to grid power.

Attachments

• 2021-07-17 19.53.25.jpg
    2021-07-17 19.53.25.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 14
I bought 2 LV6548, and still haven't tried them yet, but they should theoretically be capable of 13kW continuous. However, it would also be a good idea to look into getting a soft-starter capacitor replacement device for your AC unit, as they lower the startup inrush by up to 70%.

I bought one of these models for an air compressor (although I still haven't tried it with my LV6548s yet):

Is your AC really running 29.4a? Theoretically the pair of LV6548s should have 13kW continuous, but it would be the surge that you might have to tame down from the AC unit if you were going to have a problem, since 240v @ 29.4a is around 7kW (not counting startup surge)... Peggy at MPP Solar once told me in an email that the pair of LV6548 can surge 26kW...

You also have to consider what other loads will be running at same time while the AC would be trying to startup...

Anyways, here was what she had said about it when I asked her about total watts on the LV6548:

"
These are High frequency inverter, and still with transformer built in .

As long as your ac load size will not exceed the size of inverter, it will work fine .

Single inverter is designed in 6500w continuous power. surge power 13kw ( withhold 5 second ). And for 2 inverter in parallel , it will be a 13kw inverter system / surge power 26kw ( withhold 5 second ).

For working under a 110vac, the support output ac current is 118.18A , or under 240vac ac output , it is 54.16A .

We have many different model of inverter designed in similar way, unbalance power is confirmed not an issue.
"

Last edited:
Back