diy solar

diy solar

Power my rv panel with 2 inverters

DrNorth

I have a bluetti ac200p with 3-200w panels and a bluetti maxoak 240 with 4-100w panels. I want to tie it all in to my RV 50amp main panel. I don't want extension cords everywhere. What do I need? I'm hoping to run off solar when the sun is out and charge the inverters so I have power at night when it's not out. Any recommendations? My RV has a house side by side fridge/freezer with ice maker, box freezer, 3 ac units (only 2 run at a time), a 10 gallon hot water heater that's electric and propane. I also have a 5500w gas generator for backup. Is it possible to tie it all in to the main panel?

Welcome to the forum.

You need a different plan. Inverters on the same or split circuits must be in phase or out of with each other by exactly 180°. Your 50A panel is similar to a residential home panel - 120/240VAC split phase input even though no 240VAC items are present.

Many inverters are designed to be run in parallel by electronically synchronizing with one another. Your units are not.

Running A/C units takes a massive amount of energy. Your AC200P could run one A/C for about an hour. If the 240 inverter were more powerful, you could run one A/C for about 1.5 hours, but it's inverter is too weak to run one at all.

You have a small fraction of the amount of battery storage and solar you need. You can basically run your fridge and your box freezer with the total amount of solar you have.

These "solar generators" are essentially expensive toys when it comes to RV power needs.

How do I wire in a SPARTAN ts5500plus power controller into my 2- 2000w BLUETTI ac200p power generators? I want to be able to switch to grid power when they run low on power.
I bought 2 power controllers to link together, thinking I could go power from one pack on each side of the controller to a second controller that is also tied into grid power for the switch but where do I get my battery connection from?
Please help. Do I need to buy something else to make this 2000w system work?

Back