diy solar

diy solar

Power Supply Cable from Inverter to Outlets

Soiboughtavan

Hello! I'm currently looking for Power Supply Cords from my Inverter output to three Leviton GFCI Outlets. I'm concerned the amperage of most 15AMP cords I can find won't be completely safe or efficient.

Does anyone have some cord recommendations or is hard wiring easier? I'm just unfamiliar with junction boxes and everything on the AC side.

I've been considering these cords on amazon, https://www.amazon.ca/Listed-Pigtai...+awg+power+cable+supply&qid=1632511833&sr=8-7

HELP ?

Screen Shot 2021-09-24 at 1.47.05 PM.png

Wiring Diagram Final Draft1.jpg

The inverter style you have shown you have no choice but to use a wall plug male cord to feed 120v power to devices.

Extension cords come in various gauges and geting a 10ga one is not hard. Leave the factory male end on and cut the cord to lenght to feed your first outlet with.

I really think that terminal block mentioned on the specs is a high output AC terminal. Going with the plugs, a 2000 watt inverter tends to push 15 amps max. If this does have a way to hard wire directly, you could have 20 amps max. At least that’s what my 2000 watt Samlex does and a couple others I looked at. 2000 watt inverters tend to have a hard wired option and it looks like yours does also.

So, my 15 amp GFCI circuit is fed from a 50 amp input. First there’s a 50 amp circuit breaker on the box, Which feeds a 15 amp circuit breaker for the GFCI leg, a 15 amp circuit breaker for the converter, and a 20 amp circuit breaker for the RV.

Where are the duplex outlets located are they strung along one wall, various locations, or all in one location? A drawing of the layout can help you out.

Also one GFIC can provide protection for an entire string off outlets.

12/3 quality SJOOW is a nice flexible option, or romex.

Back