diy solar

diy solar

Powmr 3kw off grid inverter questions- Cant get over 1kw production- Weird/

Like K.I.S.S. Keep It Separate [components] Stupid?

Ignorance is not stupidity, stupidity is doing the same thing repetitively expecting different results, we all learn from others experiences, failures along with success, I'm not intentionally being confrontational, just pointing out the difference between the two.

??? Ignorance? No dude. It was simply humor. The point was Separate components well designed and integrated are superior to the combo boxes.
well, that remains to be seen..

2 all in ones will give you the same or better redundancy, less cost in cabling and less headaches in configuring.

furtermore .. loadsharing is nice too

on my panel , nominal power voltage vmpp states 37.2 , open circuit voltage 45.5 v , current 8.34.
I have 2 panels in series- x 2 then i combined them in parallel. When testing voltage on that string with my multi meter, the reading is 75 volts for the 4 total panels (Series / parallel) ..
Total output voltage on that string is 75 volts and suspect of 24 amps.

2S2P string
The Voc of this string is 45.5Voc x 2 = 91V, +15% for cold weather = 105V.
Current for the string of 2 panels in series is 8.34A (I am assuming Isc)
Current of 2 strings in parallel is 8.34A x 2 = 16.68A

So you combine the 2S2P with another 2S2P in parallel = 2S4P, the results are
Voc will be 91V (105V worst case cold condition) to the PV input.
Total current to the SCC = 16.68A x 2 = 33.36A
Question On this: If I added more solar panles, Lets say I doubled it or added to more panels.. The inverter is rated at 3kw.. charge controller is 40 amps, It was sold as a 60 amp (Mis Labled-Not happy about that) I know i will not get out any more power out of the inverter,, but will it add more amps to the Charge controller, is that what the added benefit of increasing to more panels would offer?? or would this just be a waste anyways..

Hi Forum:::

A forum member posted this, which sparked me to think of a few factors...

Based on this comment: - In general I get at most about 1400 watts out of the panels at peak (they are not an ideal facing but it's the best I can do on my property).

MY QUESTION: I have a powmr brand mppt hybrid inverter 3kw - 24 volt lead acid batttery set up...

I have 8 - 310 rec 310 watt panels connected .. I can never see my inverter going over 945 watts of production..

Rec panel open circuit voltage 36.3
amps 9
max pv on mppt inverter is 105
average showing on my inverter when nothing is running is 75

What seems interesting , is that i can pull 1.25 kw out to charge a EV on a 110v charger, ( I have a transformer BTW)
And the pv watts produced will never go higher than 950 watts on the inverter.. (Hovers between 745- and 950 watts max)
But the charger light blinks and it appears to balance out the battery to some level but while the sun is up and mostly at its peak approx 1 pm, , and as directive as possible, I live in Arizona, my panels are on a flat roof, not aimed south, but generally flat.. Appear to get quite good exposure.. Not sure if this contributes to that much power loss.. Nothing is shaded... It is weird that I cant seem to produce more than 950 watts??? Any thoughts on this with similar units like mpp or others you guys use.. Or any thoughts of what may be dragging down production.. Also, I have 2 panels in series/ connected to 2 panels in series then paralleled... 2 strings all together --fused then wired directly to the inverter -with no connection box.

Thank you for your thoughts.

SOLAR PANEL DISTANCE TO INVERTER IS LESS THAN 25 FEET - ALL PANELS.
HYBRID INVERTER STYLE
NO LOADS AFTER 5PM.

So a few members asked :
Here are the inverter specs.
pow-3km-24
rated power 3000 w
24 volt input
operating voltage range 30-80 vdc
max solar voltage 102v

However, the web site states 145 volt max pv, which may be false..

the web site states this however, :

Model: POW-3KM-24

• 3000W 24V-230Vac Pure sine wave inverter
  • Built-in 40Amps MPPT solar charge controller
  • Max Solar Input 145Vdc - THIS VALUE MAY NOT BE CORRECT- IT MAY BE ONLY 105 VOLTS, AS SHOWN ON MY STICKER ON MY UNIT AND THE INFO ABOVE..
  • AC+Solar Charging : 60Amps
  • Can connect to AGM and User-Defined
POWMr is an illegal copy of MPP-Solar inverters according to the verified mpp solar distributor named maximum_solar from Taiwan. I directly contacted mpp-solar to verify if maximum_solar from ebay is legit distributor.

Attachments

• mpp.PNG
    mpp.PNG
    843.9 KB · Views: 10
Back