diy solar

diy solar

PowMr 48v battery equalizer tested. Does it really work?

Bossrox

Solar tinkerer
To my surprise it did exceptional & here's a video report I did on it.

Update on the PowMr battery equalizer. I just got in the rest of them to do all my 48v strings & found 1 getting warmer than the rest. That string had 1 batt with a much lower voltage than the other 3 so I pulled the eq wire off of it & retested the volts which dropped even more. So what I learned from that is that 1 batt has a bad cell & the eq can't compensate for a failing battery.

Last edited:
A name like "PowMr" would scare me away....
It's just a rebranded HA02 balancer.

I have one each on my two sets of lead batteries (2 banks of 4 x 212 Ah @ 12 V). Works quite well, my units are usually within +/-10mV.

You can get models with voltage displays (HC02) but I'd imagine they would have a higher parasitic draw as a result of having a LED display.

Last edited:
It's just a rebranded HA02 balancer.

I have one each on my two sets of lead batteries (2 banks of 4 x 212 Ah @ 12 V). Works quite well, my units are usually within +/-10mV.

You can get models with voltage displays (HC02) but I'd imagine they would have a higher parasitic draw as a result of having a LED display.

I'll swallow my words, I like those HA01/02 balancers :)

I also can attest that those units work. There are few generic balances floating around on the Amazon. PowMr seemed the middle road. Had them on my 48v 4s2p sla bank for about 5 months. I think it's a good bang for a buck all things considered.

i have 6 24v lithium batteries in series/parallel for a 48v system, can someone recommend a battery balancer ?
thanks

Back