diy solar

diy solar

PowMr All in one, 3500Watt, 120 volt MPPT voltage is not resetting

I think you're overvolting the mppt.
The MPPT is rated for 150 volts. The open circuit voltage of the panels is 37.2 so my configuration of 3 in series puts me at just about 112 volts well under the max allowed. I tried 2s but since I have essentially a flat mounted array I only got meaningful production for a few hours a day that way. The MPPT must have over 60 volts to begin charging. Right now it’s almost 10:00 am and I am getting almost 1000 watts of of my 1400 watts of available panels. The voltage of the panels is 87 volts. If the were configured at 2s I would be getting almost nothing right now. With 3s I generally get over 200w on a heavy overcast day.

Thanks for the correction I thought you were referring to my array. Yes 140 is running it way to close.
Well, since bobert is having the same issue, I don't think its the voltage thats the issue. Yes I am close to the limit, very close. Definitely seems to be a problem everyone is having. I'm wondering if anyone has a powmr that does NOT have this issue? And what are they doing differently.

I now have 2s and 3s attached in parallel, yes not ideal but I only have 5 panels. So the 2s brings the overall voltage down as well.

With monitoring and the app on the EG unit, I will be able to monitor this and confirm its working the best.

I am considering purchasing one of these but would need to build a timer circuit like Bobert has. Just wondering how you built your timer circuit? There's some simple timer relays I'm finding but they're not rated for anything above 30vdc. I could use a contactor that could handle the higher voltages coming from the panels and have the timer relay control the coil of the contactor. Thank you for your help!

I am considering purchasing one of these but would need to build a timer circuit like Bobert has. Just wondering how you built your timer circuit? There's some simple timer relays I'm finding but they're not rated for anything above 30vdc. I could use a contactor that could handle the higher voltages coming from the panels and have the timer relay control the coil of the contactor. Thank you for your help!
I use a cheap dc timer to control 7 mosfets that are mounted parallel on a heat sync. If you wade through the following post you will see the process of what happened and how I built the switch rated for 250v dc

Could you please share a circuit of what you did?
In post 35 of the following thread I share some crude drawings of my setup. The thread is my journey figuring out how to make such a switch

Back