- Apr 27, 2022
I have a Powmr 48v 110v 5000watt AIO unit which I have been using for a little while. My setup includes my 50 amp rv which I have a dog bone to give me the 110v on both legs. Has 48v lifepo4 batteries connected. Everything works as it should, but with all of the rain lately I have discovered I have been getting a hot skin situation happening. Originally I was using grounds and hots separated, once I noticed the hot skin issue I measured 10-30v between ground and neutral. Read some info in the forums and decided to then bond ground and neutrals in the panel after ensuring they are not bonded in the inverter itself. This did not fix the issue. I then decided to put in a grounding rod and connect along with the grounds and neutrals in the panel. This still did not fix the hot skin issue. I turned off the 50 amp breaker and even then there is voltage on the chassis of the rv. I just don’t see how this could be happening unless there’s voltage on the neutral and if that’s the case why does it shock me rather than go through the grounding rod? Any help to prevent this issue would be greatly appreciated. I do have an eg4 6500 on the way so I’m sure it will not have these issues but I need to use this one until the eg4 gets here and would prefer not to get shocked when going in the camper.