diy solar

diy solar

Powmr MPPT

Seriously, why do people keep buying this crap? Even lemmings don't actually throw themselves off a cliff.

*edit, yes another!*

You have a nice expensive lifepo4 battery there. Spend a little more money and buy a decent controller. Reduce the risk of a known junk grade controller damaging your nice expensive battery. You don't buy a Ferrari then hop on ebay and buy the cheapest nastiest direct-from-china brake pads, hopefully.
Could you suggest what could be decent alternative? Around 48v and 60 A?

I have 5 powmr controllers. They all read 10-15% high for current. One unit failed, did not hold the voltage setting. The other 4 have been working for about 3 years. No way is it a 60A unit, the torroid inductor temp exceeds 150F with 25A in a 24V system. They can be paralleled without too much hassle, just tweak the output voltages until they share the current. I'm not aware of their firmware version. I've also got a 80a Outback for my large solar array. Powmr are cheap and useful in certain applications. Also, with all cheap Chinese devices, I take them apart and examine them for debris and bent over component leads, bad solder joints and loose wires ( the lead cutting device can bend over partially cut leads and cause shorts). I don't use any wifi or any SW enabled/controlled devices. It's really frustrating when your HW is capable of operation and the SW fails...then all you have is a pricey brick.

Back