diy solar

diy solar

Pre-Made batteries using 280-300ah cells options?

vnformula

Hello all,

I'm new to the forum and have been doing lots of reading to possibly build my own 12v battery for my camper trailer.

Before i pull the trigger on ordering some cells and BMS Is there any "off the shelf" commercially available Pre-made 12v batteries using 280-300ah cells that come in a reasonable sized case at a reasonable price? I have found plenty of 300ah batteries available online that appear to be using 100-150ah cells but they are generally to long for my application

I would like to have the highest capacity possible that will be similar size to a N70 lead acid to upgrade my existing setup. (Existing battery box already mounted, internal available space approximately 360L x 185W x 230H MM) I should be able to build a 4s battery using 280ah cells that will fit those restrictions but want to see if there is commercially available options?

Reactions: Mia
Our site sunfunkits.com should be live on the 20th. We have a ready made smart battery (bluetooth monitoring) using EVE 280AH cells. There will also be a kit option where you can buy the case & bms and install your own cells.
Only 12V or 24V and 48V too?

Our site sunfunkits.com should be live on the 20th. We have a ready made smart battery (bluetooth monitoring) using EVE 280AH cells. There will also be a kit option where you can buy the case & bms and install your own cells.
I haven’t seen this out there on your webpage (“We have a ready made smart battery (bluetooth monitoring) using EVE 280AH cells.”) - there was one for 260 AH ready made, but I did not see a ready made 280 AH smart battery listed … I would be interested in knowing how much it runs ready made; as well as if you might have videos showing us how you recommend putting the kits together! TIA,

Hello all,

I'm new to the forum and have been doing lots of reading to possibly build my own 12v battery for my camper trailer.

Before i pull the trigger on ordering some cells and BMS Is there any "off the shelf" commercially available Pre-made 12v batteries using 280-300ah cells that come in a reasonable sized case at a reasonable price? I have found plenty of 300ah batteries available online that appear to be using 100-150ah cells but they are generally to long for my application

I would like to have the highest capacity possible that will be similar size to a N70 lead acid to upgrade my existing setup. (Existing battery box already mounted, internal available space approximately 360L x 185W x 230H MM) I should be able to build a 4s battery using 280ah cells that will fit those restrictions but want to see if there is commercially available options?
Yep, same issue with needing the battery to fit into same area as the existing FLA deep cycle batteries!

We are using 280 ah cells in our battery but we limit the lvc to 2.65-2.8 volts this keeps ⁸% in reserve. Also it keeps the charge cycles very conservative meaning if you charge and discharge 260 ah you will not be hurting the battery.

It's better for us to claim 260 ah than to say 280 and have a few customers complain of getting only 270 ah because the bms cut off voltage is set to 2.65 volts.

If you select the kit then sure you can set your bms cut off to 2.5 volts and get 280ah out of your cells.
Ok, ty for the clarification!

Yep, same issue with needing the battery to fit into same area as the existing FLA deep cycle batteries!
See the thread below for two examples of 280Ah 12v packs built in group 27/31 battery boxes.

Back