diy solar

diy solar

Preparing ground to a successful dispute on Alibaba in case of issues

O/k think about it this way.
You can buy a lot more grade B cells for the same cost of buying only grade A cells.
Its possible to put together a much larger battery, with a higher total amp hour capacity (per dollar) with grade B cells.

So why the insistence on 304+ amp hours per cell ?
Unless you are severely restricted for the extra space or extra weight, of fitting a few more cells, the grade B cells make far more practical and financial sense.
That is why the EV people insist on using the very expensive hand picked cells, they have very severe limitations on size and weight.
For a home brew solar installation, it usually comes down to minimum cost for maximum amp hours capacity being the best deal.

If you absolutely must have that extra edge in performance, for whatever reason, just pony up the money and stop complaining.

Last edited:
Hello nice people
I just came out of an adventure on Aliexpress, before getting to know this forum.
Long story short, got ripped by the infamous (I now realize) Ogreen, but joke was on them, won a long dispute and ended up paying ~960$ for 16 cells which were not "brand new grade A 280AH" as advertised, but rather ETC 240AH which had from 170 to 199AH left in them.

Now I'm about to place an order on Alibaba, found a 2yrs old seller with almost 40 feedbacks, proposing to sell 16 EVE 304AH for a gross 42c/AH including DDP (plus transaction fees). Sent a picture of said cell.

It is good, but not "too good to be true". And if I get not-EVE, and/or not-brand-new cells that still test over 304AH I'll probably be cool with it.

While I have experience on how to deal with Aliexpress disputes, I have never ordered on Alibaba before; I get the hang of it, I studied plenty, I know it is important to place everything in the contract first, at the "start order" phase, so then in case of issues, you have a clear case for the dispute, still, do you have experience with a situation where the seller is less than honest?

Any tips on how to deal with it? Other than filling the exact capacity, and QR requirement in "additional details", maybe also laying out what amount of refund you expect in case order is not as described? Anything else?

I could go with Quishou and 280AH at 44c/AH, but that wouldn't change much as I'd still be asking you the same thing ;-)

View attachment 121433
globalpower by chance that seller? im waiting on 16 90ah cells from them myself after seeing over 30 positive feedback reviews which is now up to 48 reviews.... the reason I did not go with a different vender is simply cost. its for a golf cart and I have $623 invested in these with tax and shipping. I am expecting grade b cells of course but if they are as good as the reviews state I will be satisfied.
I have purchased cells from docan before for another project and was very happy with their service and product but in the end I really needed the extra $600 this time around for other improvements to the cart such as a new controller and wheels.

You can buy a lot more grade B cells for the same cost of buying only grade A cells.
Its possible to put together a much larger battery, with a higher total amp hour capacity (per dollar) with grade B cells.

Unless you are severely restricted for the extra space or extra weight, of fitting a few more cells, the grade B cells make far more practical and financial sense.
That is why the EV people insist on using the very expensive hand picked cells, they have very severe limitations on size and weight.
For a home brew solar installation, it usually comes down to minimum cost for maximum amp hours capacity being the best deal.

If you absolutely must have that extra edge in performance, for whatever reason, just pony up the money and stop complaining.
because the lifespan of the grade b cells may fall much shorter especially if they do in fact have a passing grade on capacity because that means the defect/variance that caused them to be rejected from the automotive "GradeA" clessification is some other fault possibly picked up with internal scans... This has been discussed multiple times in other threads. the bottom line is the absolute safest bet is the automotive grade cells but you "could" come out ahead like you say taking the risk and personally I would too. (if fact I have without even knowing it when I bought my last cells not knowing they were grade b)

globalpower by chance that seller? im waiting on 16 90ah cells from them myself after seeing over 30 positive feedback reviews which is now up to 48 reviews.... the reason I did not go with a different vender is simply cost. its for a golf cart and I have 591,23 EUR invested in these with tax and shipping. I am expecting grade b cells of course but if they are as good as the reviews state I will be satisfied.
I have purchased cells from docan before for another project and was very happy with their service and product but in the end I really needed the extra 569,40 EUR this time around for other improvements to the cart such as a new controller and wheels.
that amount of money sounds reasonable for 90AH cells. The seller on aliexpress was Ogreen though, and I noticed the same pattern, they publish very good offers towards the end of a sale period, around same price per AH, so probably look to scam last minute buyers.

Good luck with that. Make sure you test every single one of them.
EBC-A40L is on its way, and I already own an EBC-A20, should be able to test two cells at the same time on the same pc on two different COM ports with two different app instances. I also have placed clear conditions on the Alibaba contract about cells being brand new and with at least 304AH capacity.

I did order grade B cells for ~46c/AH, not going to get grade A for that price, doesn't mean they shouldn't still be 304AH :)

EBC-A40L is on its way, and I already own an EBC-A20, should be able to test two cells at the same time on the same pc on two different COM ports with two different app instances. I also have placed clear conditions on the Alibaba contract about cells being brand new and with at least 304AH capacity.

Did you require that all returns are at their expense?

Did you require that all returns are at their expense?
Whoops.
Well I didn't plan to return anything anyway, but now I know more... I will be asking a refund if any cells are underperforming.

In any case, I opened this very thread to ASK suggestions about compiling a bulletproof sale contract on Alibaba, so thank you for telling me this only AFTER I completed the contract, while you were the first to reply back then and very keen on immediately criticizing my previous purchase on AliExpress instead of giving useful input :cautious: :rolleyes:

Whoops.
Well I didn't plan to return anything anyway, but now I know more... I will be asking a refund if any cells are underperforming.

In any case, I opened this very thread to ASK suggestions about compiling a bulletproof sale contract on Alibaba, so thank you for telling me this only AFTER I completed the contract, while you were the first to reply back then and very keen on immediately criticizing my previous purchase on AliExpress instead of giving useful input :cautious: :rolleyes:

You're welcome.

Back