diy solar

diy solar

Problem paying on Alibaba, help please

Jeremiah

Solar Breakdancer
I'm having credit card issues; it just says continuously that the transaction was not approved for security reasons.
I chatted with alibaba support, 1 agent gave me the appeal page but the appeal page requires you to select the card being appealed (of which there are none on file b/c the card is only saved to file after you use it 1 time).
I went back to support and the next agent said I don't need to do the appeal, they promised to email me something later tonight; no joy.
Been trying to pay all day. Usually the bank card sends a text if something is suspicious and I can approve but nothing like that.
I've been trying all day (here it's night as I post this).
I went back through the thread and I don't see a solution. I was ready to upload photo id and cred. card. picture but again, that page won't work if the card is not on file. Is this just the alibaba system being weird?
I know others have had issues with it. I do not want to send a wire transfer. This card works for everything, never fails it's a good card.
It's always clean; paid off, etc. I want to do the card payment for the extra protection for the just in case scenario.
Do I just keep trying? Have tried about 6x now. First time it took a couple hours to "not work." Now it's pretty fast each time.

Their Alibaba support rep wrote, "After consultation, I am sorry to hear that you have some payment issue for your order.
After checking in the system, I feel sorry that currently it doesn't accept credit card for this transaction.
In order to protect the security of the payment in the whole process of the order, every single order and payment on Alibaba.com need to undergo the regular security check and it is extremely confidential. Unfortunately, this transaction failed to pass the security check and any attempts to against this decision will not be considered.
To get your order proceed, we have to suggest you change a payment method to complete the transaction.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Your kind understanding and cooperation are highly appreciated. "

The Platinum card in question is the only payment option we've got. Anybody else deal with this? Did you find a solution?
They are uninterested in uploading of ID's and photos of credit cards.

Sorry mate, I haven't placed my order with Xuba yet, but plan to this evening or in the morning. I'll report back if I have same issues.

I tried to use my capital one and a couple other cards. I never could even get the appeal tab to come up. After 3 days and multiple conversations with Alibaba customer service, my credit card customer service and Amy I gave up and used my bank account. That was another 5 days to get verified and the payment cleared. I created my order on 3-9, I got one box with 4 cells yesterday and the second box is due today. Almost 3 months

I was just reading something interesting in relation to my banks cc use overseas.
It states that if a country has a 6 digit pin system then my card will be declined everyday, I would need to change my cc to 6 digit pin.
Here in oz it's a 4 digit system.
Not sure if this is relevant or not but I thought I'd share because I'm hoping for a smooth transaction.

It declined on me a couple times. Then Amy said use the appeal which no card showed up. I uploaded I.D. and card and the next day it was approved. And that was on a weekend.

Greg
So on the Appeal page when you uploaded your card and ID, wasn't the <submit> button grayed out?
Mine is grayed out since there is nothing to select on the first field "1. Choose the card for appeal" when you click it says "no options". So the form is waiting for that to be selected to ungray the <submit> button.

@Jeremiah In my experience (just placed my order two days ago from xuba), you have to try different (or maybe the same one, I use different ones) cards (will get declined of course) until you get a "appeal" button right after your transaction got declined. Only by now when you click the "appeal" button, you will be able to see your cards have been saved on file.

Apparently, you are directed to the appealing page directly by the agents you talked to. I guess this could be the reason why you can not see the cards saved. I would suggest you try out making payment multiple times and use different cards until you see that "appeal" thing. My first two payment trials were declined and I did not see the "appeal" button. After 3rd try, I appeared. And magically, my first two cards were also saved. Kind of strange.

Just call you CC and tell them it's ok to process
Yeah it's a comedy of errors, I called the bank yesterday got through the computer then just waited and waited then disconnected lol.
The Alibaba rep emailed me it's not my credit card declining me it's the Alibaba system marked this order as not allowing any credit cards?
That I must use some other payment option. It makes some sense that it's the Alibaba side since my card never sent an OTP code (usually they text me a code if there is some question). Bank may be minimally staffed as we still have fairly heavy lockdowns in Metro Manila with curfews.
I'll try again calling them.

@Jeremiah In my experience (just placed my order two days ago from xuba), you have to try different (or maybe the same one, I use different ones) cards (will get declined of course) until you get a "appeal" button right after your transaction got declined. Only by now when you click the "appeal" button, you will be able to see your cards have been saved on file.

Apparently, you are directed to the appealing page directly by the agents you talked to. I guess this could be the reason why you can not see the cards saved. I would suggest you try out making payment multiple times and use different cards until you see that "appeal" thing. My first two payment trials were declined and I did not see the "appeal" button. After 3rd try, I appeared. And magically, my first two cards were also saved. Kind of strange.
OK that's useful. I've tried about 7 times (only have 1 card that can handle the number of cells I'm buying). I never saw the appeal page as part of the transaction; only when an Alibaba rep gave me the page after I pushed for it.

Thanks everyone for the help, I really appreciate it.

Last edited:
I've tried about 7 times (only have 1 card that can handle the number of cells I'm buying)

I understand you only have this one card that has enough credit to cover the whole order. But it never hurts to try different cards. In my case, once I got that "appeal" button and clicked it, I can see all my previous cards (2 declined cards without "appeal" button + 1 declined with appeal button) just showed up in the drop-down menu. I would recommend you do the same. Maybe our Platinum card will appear magically after you get that "appeal" button. Then your can upload your ID and pic of your platinum card to appeal that card. Just a suggestion.

And BTW, you can mark out sensitive info on our ID, like your DOB and some other info. I believe Alibaba only need your name and your address to be matching with the info for your order. At least it is like this in my case. I know giving out names and addresses is still a concern to some. But it's better than sending the entire ID image out.

I understand you only have this one card that has enough credit to cover the whole order. But it never hurts to try different cards. In my case, once I got that "appeal" button and clicked it, I can see all my previous cards (2 declined cards without "appeal" button + 1 declined with appeal button) just showed up in the drop-down menu. I would recommend you do the same. Maybe our Platinum card will appear magically after you get that "appeal" button. Then your can upload your ID and pic of your platinum card to appeal that card. Just a suggestion.

And BTW, you can mark out sensitive info on our ID, like your DOB and some other info. I believe Alibaba only need your name and your address to be matching with the info for your order. At least it is like this in my case. I know giving out names and addresses is still a concern to some. But it's better than sending the entire ID image out.
Ah got it. Thanks. I wish I had known that about marking out sensitive data. Ironically, the address on the DL is different since I moved since then.
Will try using other cards to get to that point. Thanks.

Another thought.
I'm shipping to my reshipper in China. So the address that comes up by default in the payment page is in Chinese (the address I gave the seller to ship to). I delete it and enter the address associated with the card here in the Philippines. Does anyone think this could be flubbing things up?
Maybe I should ask the seller to draw up another purchase but list my home address on it, make the payment, then he can change to the Chinese address?

So funny that it has to be mysterious why can't they just say clearly what the problem is? I'm sure even using google translate would be sufficient if they wanted to say what needs to be done.

Another thought.
I'm shipping to my reshipper in China. So the address that comes up by default in the payment page is in Chinese (the address I gave the seller to ship to). I delete it and enter the address associated with the card here in the Philippines. Does anyone think this could be flubbing things up?
Maybe I should ask the seller to draw up another purchase but list my home address on it, make the payment, then he can change to the Chinese address?
If its not shipping to your home address thats a big red flag and thats probably the problem.

Ever since the USA started a trade war with China, I've seen many Chinese sellers no longer willing to ship to USA that previously did. I was Verified on Alibaba for years until the recent USA spat with the Chinese government over COVID-19. Now, when I attempt to re-verify, it says that I can't due to inappropriate conduct. It doesn't say what it was. I've always paid in full for what I've purchased immediately. I'm no conspiracy theorist, but I also know how Asian governments; particularly China; use soft power to put the squeeze on those it doesn't regard favorably. That said, you might try using PayPal.

Ever since the USA started a trade war with China, I've seen many Chinese sellers no longer willing to ship to USA that previously did. I was Verified on Alibaba for years until the recent USA spat with the Chinese government over COVID-19. Now, when I attempt to re-verify, it says that I can't due to inappropriate conduct. It doesn't say what it was. I've always paid in full for what I've purchased immediately. I'm no conspiracy theorist, but I also know how Asian governments; particularly China; use soft power to put the squeeze on those it doesn't regard favorably. That said, you might try using PayPal.
I just ordered some cell a few days ago and had no problem . hmmm

Buddy, don't assume anything before you are 100% sure about it. Alibaba by no means will reject customers purely based on their country of residence. It is their revenue source especially during this pandemic era where business in China and all over the world are suffering from sales decrease. They want to sell to save their business. I can't image that Alibaba or Chinese government would refuse to sell to for example US if there are people willing to purchase their products. And apperantly, OP is living in Philippine, at least his billing is. Nothing is even close to Uncle Sam or Donald.

For your particular case, I don't know. Maybe you are just unlucky.

@tomoon As I stated, I'm no conspiracy theorist. I have vendors in Shenzhen I already do business with. I have no issues with Chinese people. I have many Chinese contacts in the SF Bay Area and in China. Chinese people tell me almost daily how they would rather move back to China, or are glad they are still there. Chinese media have been infusing anti-American rhetoric in many subtle ways to foster a negative sentiment towards USA. American media are likewise effective tools for fostering political points of view which soon manifest in people's behavior. One result is that many small businesses there are reluctant to do business with foreigners in general. I understand their point of view. When relations with China improve, roadblocks will quickly vanish.

Ever since the USA started a trade war with China, I've seen many Chinese sellers no longer willing to ship to USA that previously did.
I'm an American but I'm in the Philippines. the Philippine gov't is quite friendly with China, so that shouldn't be an issue. The credit card is also Filipino and I have not identified myself as American.
I ... That said, you might try using PayPal.
Thanks, I tried PayPal first the seller is unwilling to accept PayPal (it's my preferred online method of payment).

If its not shipping to your home address thats a big red flag and thats probably the problem.
Yeah I was thinking this too. I got the seller to make a new order with my home address as the delivery address. Then I tried to pay that one. No Joy.

It declined on me a couple times. Then Amy said use the appeal which no card showed up. I uploaded I.D. and card and the next day it was approved. And that was on a weekend. Greg
OK so I followed this since it seems like your situation is closest to mine. I just tried to pay with a different card (which I knew would fail as it has no loot on it), then I tried to pay again with the Platninum card, just to emulate the pattern of success which you had Greg. So here's my question, that Appeal page, there is no link to it form the payment failed page.
I have the link because the 1st support agent at Alibaba gave me the link when I asked for it.
So here I uploaded again my D.L. and C.C. pic to that page, but since there is no card on file the <submit> button is grayed out. How did you get past that? (see bottom of pic, no way to click submit). Thanks in advance!
1590654255205.png

Thanks everyone so far for your ideas and comments!
Tonight through sat. night are a holiday for me (it's almost night here in the Philippines) so if I don't respond till then I'm still grateful!

Back