diy solar

diy solar

Problem paying on Alibaba, help please

It declined on me a couple times. Then Amy said use the appeal which no card showed up. I uploaded I.D. and card and the next day it was approved. And that was on a weekend.

Greg
That is what I did and it worked. Earlier I bought a power supply from another vendor and the card worked there. Before all that I bought some cells from another vender and they took Paypal and split the fee.

There is always a bank transfer which can be less expensive than credit card fees on Alibaba depending on the size of the transaction. I prefer the protection of Paypal or credit card for a first transaction. But with Amy and Xuba, if I had the cash I would wire the money. Right now I credit card debt is the only way I can make these investments.

There is always a bank transfer which can be less expensive than credit card fees on Alibaba depending on the size of the transaction. I prefer the protection of Paypal or credit card for a first transaction. But with Amy and Xuba, if I had the cash I would wire the money. Right now I credit card debt is the only way I can make these investments.
Yeah if this were my second order, I'd probably be OK with a bank or wire transfer; the the card I'm using the fees max out at $40 I doubt a wire will be less than that and of course zero protection from that method.
I'm getting 50 cells through another vendor since the shipping is significantly cheaper than Xuba and the cells are a bit cheaper too. I need the credit card extra protection for our first transaction.
I'm wondering if the sellers do some shinanigens where they say no credit card or something at first (because they also don't want us to have the extra protection!) I started thinking about this when the Alibaba support person said that "this order is not allowed to pay by credit card" made me wonder if sellers were marking them that way to reduce their risk.
I noticed in following the threads that many Westerners shrugged their shoulders and paid by wire transfer or bank transfer when CC didn't work. It's so strange because Alibaba is not even hitting the card. It pretends to hit the card but there are no attempts on my bank's side indicating this at all.

The sellers have no control over the payments. It is an Alibaba thing.
I just bought 3 inverters from another seller on Alibaba using the exact same card. It went through in 5 seconds. Huh?

Now that you have gotten Alibaba to accept your card it now may work at the other vendor. I had to go through validation but after that I could do a transaction at my original vendor.

Now that you have gotten Alibaba to accept your card it now may work at the other vendor. I had to go through validation but after that I could do a transaction at my original vendor.
Yes, this was specifically why I made the other purchase. I don't need those inverters, I'll just sell them, even at cost if necessary when they arrive. SO you are exactly right. Earlier today the seller suggested drafting a smaller order.
So we did just half the cells I had planned. I tried to pay; no dice, but then the APPEAL link showed up this time (thanks folks) and the card was indeed saved.
I appealed, then several hours later (this evening my time) I got an email saying the appeal was approved. So then I tried to pay and presto!
SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY. The only bad thing is, that the original order of 50 cells my credit card limited the credit card fee to $40. This smaller order of half that number, the fee was also $40 haha.
So I'll be out another $40 but worth it to have this headache which has leached hours from my life solved.
I really appreciate everyone who chimed in with ideas and their own scenarios.
In case someone else is having trouble like this; just purchase something else (cheap) on Alibaba first to get your card into the system.
That seemed to really work. Then you can appeal when it fails on the big purchase.

Thanks for the tip! Over the past week or so I had tried 2 different cards, both always failed, and I appealed too many times to count. This morning I bought a cheap 10,000mAH power bank (about $10 + shipping) from a supplier on Alibaba using one of those cards, and it processed successfully in about 15 minutes. As soon as that worked I went back to my 8x 280AH order with Dongguan Billion and selected "Make Payment", and my card was on the next page as an option. It did not "fail", went straight to "processing" status, and successfully processed 20 minutes later. Problem fixed in less than 1 hour this morning, after over a week of playing the silly "appeal" game, which never worked for me for some reason. Thanks forum!

Thanks for the tip! Over the past week or so I had tried 2 different cards, both always failed, and I appealed too many times to count. This morning I bought a cheap 10,000mAH power bank (about $10 + shipping) from a supplier on Alibaba using one of those cards, and it processed successfully in about 15 minutes. As soon as that worked I went back to my 8x 280AH order with Dongguan Billion and selected "Make Payment", and my card was on the next page as an option. It did not "fail", went straight to "processing" status, and successfully processed 20 minutes later. Problem fixed in less than 1 hour this morning, after over a week of playing the silly "appeal" game, which never worked for me for some reason. Thanks forum!
iu

BTW, this is probably just coincidence but I also bought mine from Dongguan Billions like you...

So on the Appeal page when you uploaded your card and ID, wasn't the <submit> button grayed out?
Mine is grayed out since there is nothing to select on the first field "1. Choose the card for appeal" when you click it says "no options". So the form is waiting for that to be selected to ungray the <submit> button.
I had a problem with the credit card going through; check your security software on your computer. I had to basically disable it for the time of the transaction then it went through no problem. Just disable it for a short time, not globally. It will then reset after the transaction. Give it a shot.

I have been trying to buy batteries from Xuba and my credit card was declined too. I appealed and put in my info and uploaded, then received a message indicating appeal was successful and that I can use my credit card now. I tried and it failed several times. I tried a different card and it fails too....I called the credit card company and they have no indication that there has even been an attempt to charge the card. I am only ordering 8 of the cells so the amount is not big...I will try to disable the security...

I disabled the security but it still does not work. I have no idea why as it is the first time I have ever not been able to make a transaction with my credit cards....bizarre

I disabled the security but it still does not work. I have no idea why as it is the first time I have ever not been able to make a transaction with my credit cards....bizarre
What browser are you using? Maybe try using Opera or Chrome or Edge. I was using Firefox when disabling my security helped.

Had the same problem on Aliexpress, i just used another card.
Then today on Alibaba i would get a screen from my card saying its verifying and it would fail, so i used another card, i used a Sams club "synchrony bank" Mastercard and it went through ok.

I have been trying to buy batteries from Xuba and my credit card was declined too. I appealed and put in my info and uploaded, then received a message indicating appeal was successful and that I can use my credit card now. I tried and it failed several times. I tried a different card and it fails too....I called the credit card company and they have no indication that there has even been an attempt to charge the card. I am only ordering 8 of the cells so the amount is not big...I will try to disable the security...
Yes, this is like what happened to me with another vendor. In the end I resolved it (thanks to advice here) by purchasing something cheaper and ticking the box "save card" from another vendor which went through instantly Then I was able to appeal a new transaction with the original vendor since my card was on file for the appeal. How were you able to appeal if you haven't successfully used the card yet? i think you may *think* you appealed but actually did not. I had tried this previously as well but you need to see your card listed on the appeal page drop down up top.

Recently Alibaba called me to ask about my experience etc, I told them they need to fix this issue as I had wasted many hours trying to make an initial purchase with a pristine card which had no balance on it.

I still have my suspicions that vendors may have something to do with this while playing dumb because the support staff had initially told me that "this purchase order does not allow credit cards"; well who drafts the purchase order? Add to this that one of the selling agents here supposedly had to py for damaged cells out of her own pocket; heck that'd motivate me to try to protect myself whenever possible.
I strongly advise you to NOT cave and send a wire transfer. I *suspect* sellers are trying to protect themselves from these "Grade A- EVE cells" as one seller called them, by denying buyers to use credit card for purchases. I know this is speculation so no need to flame me guys; but when things are weird sometimes speculative based care pays off.

There might be some fraud check on your card or maybe you have one of those complimentary ID protections you don't even remember saying "OK" to on your cards that works through the credit check agencies. Welcome to the world wide economy.

Hi all

sorry for commending to here, because i don't find out where to create new question.

i have a question please help us, please let me know if I want to use 4kw solution, please let me what I need purchase ( PV, inverter...) and estimating how many dolar ?

Thanks you

Back