diy solar

diy solar

Problem paying on Alibaba, help please

Hi all

sorry for commending to here, because i don't find out where to create new question.

i have a question please help us, please let me know if I want to use 4kw solution, please let me what I need purchase ( PV, inverter...) and estimating how many dolar ?

Thanks you
Welcome Chi, we might need a little more information about your needs. Do you need 4kw continuously? Or do your loads have a duty cycle? This a solar powered system alone without any other charging source? There are many choices to make.

So I think I figured out what is happening...I was using a card issued by Fidelity and it would not work. I called the number on the card and they said they could never even see the transaction being initiated. When I tried to make payment via Alibaba, a screen would come up for about 10 seconds that indicated I needed to call a number to get authorization from my bank. It was not the same as the number on my card so I did not call it. Finally, I checked the number and it was listed as US Bank. Hesitatingly, I called the number and gave them my details etc. The lady said that she was with Visa and they are the ones blocking the transaction. The transaction was not making it through to my actual credit card as Visa is blocking the ALibaba transaction before it even gets to my bank. Sure enough, she fixed it and the transaction went through. Hopefully I have not been scammed but I think it is ok as my credit card indicates I have been charged the correct amount by Alibaba. So in summary, even though I thought and blamed Alibaba for the mess it seems it is actually Visa doing it...if it happens to you call 1 866 253 1752

She has to be losing sales over this, and customer confidence in their product. Why not fuss at alibaba over this? get them to fix it, or make instructions to get past their clunky, complicated pay site.
Did you read my last post above? I thought it was Alibaba not being able to do this but it turns out it was Visa...the actual card company could not even see the transaction as visa was blocking it.

So I think I figured out what is happening...I was using a card issued by Fidelity and it would not work. I called the number on the card and they said they could never even see the transaction being initiated. When I tried to make payment via Alibaba, a screen would come up for about 10 seconds that indicated I needed to call a number to get authorization from my bank. It was not the same as the number on my card so I did not call it. Finally, I checked the number and it was listed as US Bank. Hesitatingly, I called the number and gave them my details etc. The lady said that she was with Visa and they are the ones blocking the transaction. The transaction was not making it through to my actual credit card as Visa is blocking the ALibaba transaction before it even gets to my bank. Sure enough, she fixed it and the transaction went through. Hopefully I have not been scammed but I think it is ok as my credit card indicates I have been charged the correct amount by Alibaba. So in summary, even though I thought and blamed Alibaba for the mess it seems it is actually Visa doing it...if it happens to you call 1 866 253 1752
At least you were secure .... convenience/security .... pick one.

Well I’m a few months late ? but I just went thru this problem. Called my bank they said they didn’t see the charge blah blah .. saw the option to use Apple Pay or thru western union which are basically going thru a third party charging the same card and it worked ! Just made a whole account to reply to this post ??

I kept getting denied for a 16 cell purchase. I ended up purchasing my cells direct from Deligreen because they let me use Paypal. I paid extra for that.
But later I placed a $213 order on Alibaba and it was approved. I think the problem people are having is because they are trying to make too large of purchase for the first order on Alibaba. I haven't proved that theory yet.

NO Trade Assurance with payments using PayPal.
Most of the comments I have seen about Alibaba Trade Assurance is that Alibaba tends to side with their vendors. Paypal did give me protection for the risk of the product not getting to me. That is the same thing I get with a CC. That risk is not covered if I wire transfered funds.

Most of the comments I have seen about Alibaba Trade Assurance is that Alibaba tends to side with their vendors. Paypal did give me protection for the risk of the product not getting to me. That is the same thing I get with a CC. That risk is not covered if I wire transfered funds.
If you buy on a webshop and THERE you pay with paypal ... only then you have paypal buyer protection.
If you transfer money to an another account (email address) then you do not.
I am not sure in this case if you can make a chargeback on the CC. (even that not covered)

And today I paid for my 17 cells with CC. Here we have a second layer of security (called 3D secure something).
For all web payments web asks for a code that my bank sends me by SMS.
So I was afraid that the Chinese payment system is not ready for it.
But, it is.
Payment went without a single problem. (first purchase on alibaba)

I'm having credit card issues; it just says continuously that the transaction was not approved for security reasons.
I chatted with alibaba support, 1 agent gave me the appeal page but the appeal page requires you to select the card being appealed (of which there are none on file b/c the card is only saved to file after you use it 1 time).
I went back to support and the next agent said I don't need to do the appeal, they promised to email me something later tonight; no joy.
Been trying to pay all day. Usually the bank card sends a text if something is suspicious and I can approve but nothing like that.
I've been trying all day (here it's night as I post this).
I went back through the thread and I don't see a solution. I was ready to upload photo id and cred. card. picture but again, that page won't work if the card is not on file. Is this just the alibaba system being weird?
I know others have had issues with it. I do not want to send a wire transfer. This card works for everything, never fails it's a good card.
It's always clean; paid off, etc. I want to do the card payment for the extra protection for the just in case scenario.
Do I just keep trying? Have tried about 6x now. First time it took a couple hours to "not work." Now it's pretty fast each time.

Their Alibaba support rep wrote, "After consultation, I am sorry to hear that you have some payment issue for your order.
After checking in the system, I feel sorry that currently it doesn't accept credit card for this transaction.
In order to protect the security of the payment in the whole process of the order, every single order and payment on Alibaba.com need to undergo the regular security check and it is extremely confidential. Unfortunately, this transaction failed to pass the security check and any attempts to against this decision will not be considered.
To get your order proceed, we have to suggest you change a payment method to complete the transaction.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Your kind understanding and cooperation are highly appreciated. "

The Platinum card in question is the only payment option we've got. Anybody else deal with this? Did you find a solution?
They are uninterested in uploading of ID's and photos of credit cards.
I gave up and paid with bank card. glad I did, they are great cells

I gave up and paid with bank card. glad I did, they are great cells
My primary supplier informed me that with Alibaba when a customer pays by credit card, the funds are held for 3 months so the merchant has to wait a long time. This certainly clarifies why originally, Alibaba support was telling me that the Purchase Order did not allow credit cards, even though the vendor was shrugging their shoulders. I think my initial hypothesis that some of the vendors are drawing up the P.O.s that way to try to force cash transactions, i.e. TT (wire or bank transfers). It's hard to blame them; 3 months is a long time to have to wait to get paid.
I'm glad your cells turned out to be great. Sounds like you won't need the protection of a credit card chargeback; others tread lightly if purchasing from a less known vendor.

My primary supplier informed me that with Alibaba when a customer pays by credit card, the funds are held for 3 months so the merchant has to wait a long time. This certainly clarifies why originally, Alibaba support was telling me that the Purchase Order did not allow credit cards, even though the vendor was shrugging their shoulders. I think my initial hypothesis that some of the vendors are drawing up the P.O.s that way to try to force cash transactions, i.e. TT (wire or bank transfers). It's hard to blame them; 3 months is a long time to have to wait to get paid.
I'm glad your cells turned out to be great. Sounds like you won't need the protection of a credit card chargeback; others tread lightly if purchasing from a less known vendor.
I did wait to see how others worked out before I pulled the trigger and started with 8 cells. When they came in 4 weeks I placed a order for 8 more. 950$ is about max for my level of trust. If i do it again I will try what some others have done, order a small purchase to see if my card would be accepted. I don't think I have yet seen out and out fraud from any forum members yet. Its a great service everyone giving feedback, that did lower the pucker factor a bit

I also constantly have this problem. Did someone manage to solve it?

Same issue attempting to buy from Amy, 3 diff credit cards and Paypal all declined, Credit Card companies say they don't even see a transaction so they are not declining.

I'm having credit card issues; it just says continuously that the transaction was not approved for security reasons.
I chatted with alibaba support, 1 agent gave me the appeal page but the appeal page requires you to select the card being appealed (of which there are none on file b/c the card is only saved to file after you use it 1 time).
I went back to support and the next agent said I don't need to do the appeal, they promised to email me something later tonight; no joy.
Been trying to pay all day. Usually the bank card sends a text if something is suspicious and I can approve but nothing like that.
I've been trying all day (here it's night as I post this).
I went back through the thread and I don't see a solution. I was ready to upload photo id and cred. card. picture but again, that page won't work if the card is not on file. Is this just the alibaba system being weird?
I know others have had issues with it. I do not want to send a wire transfer. This card works for everything, never fails it's a good card.
It's always clean; paid off, etc. I want to do the card payment for the extra protection for the just in case scenario.
Do I just keep trying? Have tried about 6x now. First time it took a couple hours to "not work." Now it's pretty fast each time.

Their Alibaba support rep wrote, "After consultation, I am sorry to hear that you have some payment issue for your order.
After checking in the system, I feel sorry that currently it doesn't accept credit card for this transaction.
In order to protect the security of the payment in the whole process of the order, every single order and payment on Alibaba.com need to undergo the regular security check and it is extremely confidential. Unfortunately, this transaction failed to pass the security check and any attempts to against this decision will not be considered.
To get your order proceed, we have to suggest you change a payment method to complete the transaction.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Your kind understanding and cooperation are highly appreciated. "

The Platinum card in question is the only payment option we've got. Anybody else deal with this? Did you find a solution?
They are uninterested in uploading of ID's and photos of credit cards.

The bank should be able to help, but I can tell you what works for me every time.
I have a card that can generate "virtual account numbers". These are numbers that are limited on amount or time, or both. I get the final amount, create a virtual account number with a limit slightly above that and that is good for 30 days. This is through Citibank, I know some others offer similar abilities. Probably not a solution for you if your bank doesn't offer this, but thought I'd tell you what works for me.

I know the credit card I have through my credit union will work, if I contact them in advance, and have them on the phone when I click submit.

My father was a bank vice president, he told me to always use a credit union. Food for thought, also much lower interest rate than my "platinum" cards.

Same issue attempting to buy from Amy, 3 diff credit cards and Paypal all declined, Credit Card companies say they don't even see a transaction so they are not declining.

From talking to my credit union, it is difficult to see, but there is a transaction attempt being made. I had to get someone very knowledgeable (not the person who answered the phone) to investigate and authorize the transaction. This was in the USA from an American company, BTW. I got a lot of run around, and finally got bucked up the ladder. It was for a moving company and was above $10,000, thus it was a federal transaction flag that was triggered. The first few times I called, it was "we don't see a transaction". It's there, just not a normal flag.

These are numbers that are limited on amount or time, or both. I get the final amount, create a virtual account number with a limit slightly above that and that is good for 30 days. This is through Citibank,
I specifically got a card with Citibank and it work a couple of years ago when I bought my batteries on Alibaba.

Back