diy solar

diy solar

Problem with connection inveter to pc

hrischo

Hello, I am sorry if someone question that. I have solar system with - EASUN 5.5kw Hybrid Inverter MPPT 48V - 4x solar panels Suntech 440w - 4x Gel battery /12v 150ah/ - and Victron Energy SmartShunt 500A/50mV. When I ordered my inverter I ordered it with wifi module for monitoring. But before weeks I found the Solar Assistant app. And tried for the first time to connect my inverter to pc because I saw can monitor my inverter with Watchpower app and if I can monitor inverter from pc, I will buy the app because I want more information about my system. The inverter came with RS232 cable (RJ45 male to female RS232 on the otherside). I bought usb to rs232 cable and tried to connect pc to inverter, download the driver, app, all and tried to connect them. But when connect the inverter to pc not show me on the left side inverter like connected com device. I read and tried with SolarPower but same result. Bought other cable USB/RS232 and the result was same. Tried to convert RS232 to TTL (with chip max3232) and connect via usb to ttl cable (with chip PL2303HX) but the result was same. Tried way with max3232 converter and ftdi module, same result. Finally tried to connect inverter to old computer with male com port, but the result was same, nothing. And I don't know what to do and I need help. Thank you for help in the advanced.

RS232 to USB cable
RS232 to TTL converter
PL2303HX cable
FTDI module
Down below is uploaded inverter to wifi module cable

Attachments

• 8929cd3267dbc40dc10d8b850d8c7ec9d4dcdd06_2_375x500.jpg
    8929cd3267dbc40dc10d8b850d8c7ec9d4dcdd06_2_375x500.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 24
  • 20220520_224530.jpg
    20220520_224530.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Did you tried this kind of cable :
71UTy1-mtnL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Hey Guys
New to the forum here so I have my fingers crossed that I can find some help here.

I've recently installed a hybrid inverted (techfine 3kw) and all well with the installation, however for the life of me I cannot seem to understand why the COMM light on the RJ45 to RS232 wifi data logger won't come on immediately. Everytime I remove the RS232 datalogger and install it back in or restart it, the thing takes a few hours for the COM to be start working and provide me with data.

I have for the past 3 days trying to connect the data logger to the watchpower app & everytime I go through the setup, the app requires I restart to finalize setup. I'm failing at this ..

I'm currently using the SmartESS app & I don't have the "data chart" function to monitor my energy generated/consumed information.

Hey Guys
New to the forum here so I have my fingers crossed that I can find some help here.

I've recently installed a hybrid inverted (techfine 3kw) and all well with the installation, however for the life of me I cannot seem to understand why the COMM light on the RJ45 to RS232 wifi data logger won't come on immediately. Everytime I remove the RS232 datalogger and install it back in or restart it, the thing takes a few hours for the COM to be start working and provide me with data.

I have for the past 3 days trying to connect the data logger to the watchpower app & everytime I go through the setup, the app requires I restart to finalize setup. I'm failing at this ..

I'm currently using the SmartESS app & I don't have the "data chart" function to monitor my energy generated/consumed information.
can you give me the pinout of the RJ45 to RS232 cable for your techfine 3kw device?

Back