diy solar

diy solar

Problem with JBD BMS bluetooth

sendero

I recently assembled a 8s 280AH bank using batteries from Docan (thanks Jenny!). It came up easily and after manually top balancing the cells I ran a 250AH discharge cycle, all went swimmingly. After recharging the bank, I started having problems with the bluetooth connection. The blue light on the module went off and the app was unable to see/connect to it.

The first time it did this I disconnected B- for a while and reconnected it and all was well. But soon thereafter the blue light started going off and the app would not see/connect, and disconnecting the battery offered no remedy.

I contacted the seller of my BMS (Sriko batteries) and he said he would send a new bluetooth module. I got it today, and unfortunately it does the same thing as the old on. When you mate the connectors, the blue light comes on for about a second and then goes off. Whenever the blue light is off the bluetooth is apparently not working.

Any ideas? I'm starting to think it must have something to do with the BMS board but the BMS worked fine.

I don't understand why GPS is needed? I tried enabling location services but it didn't change anything.
For whatever reason, when that app initializes, it looks for location services to be on. Once connected you can then turn it off, but each time you launch that app the GPS needs to be on

For whatever reason, when that app initializes, it looks for location services to be on.

That's an Android requirement: any app that needs Bluetooth has to request location services since Bluetooth (as was reasoned when it was introduced) can be used for location tracking. This only recently changed:

Well it worked for a time and I never leave the GPS on, big battery hog. I'm using an iPhone FWIW :)

Any further info on this?
Sorta sounds similar to an issue I am having now.

I recently assembled a 8s 280AH bank using batteries from Docan (thanks Jenny!). It came up easily and after manually top balancing the cells I ran a 250AH discharge cycle, all went swimmingly. After recharging the bank, I started having problems with the bluetooth connection. The blue light on the module went off and the app was unable to see/connect to it.

The first time it did this I disconnected B- for a while and reconnected it and all was well. But soon thereafter the blue light started going off and the app would not see/connect, and disconnecting the battery offered no remedy.

I contacted the seller of my BMS (Sriko batteries) and he said he would send a new bluetooth module. I got it today, and unfortunately it does the same thing as the old on. When you mate the connectors, the blue light comes on for about a second and then goes off. Whenever the blue light is off the bluetooth is apparently not working.

Any ideas? I'm starting to think it must have something to do with the BMS board but the BMS worked fine.
Did you ever get this fixed? I am fighting the same issue with Sriko on a JBD.

Did you ever get this fixed? I am fighting the same issue with Sriko on a JBD.
I am sorry to say that this appears to have been an operator error on my part. I was opening the app but I was not selecting the device from the list because I thought it was the "demo device" or somesuch. The blue light does not come on until you open the app AND select the device. My battery works great and I have nothing but good things to say about Sriko, they offered to give phone support but I figured out what I was doing wrong before it happened.

Back