diy solar

diy solar

Problem with order to Shenzhen Luyuan (Amy) HELP PLEASE!

garnet75

Hi, my name is Ezequiel from Spain. My English is not very good but I will try to explain my problem.

In November, thanks to the recommendations of the forum I ordered eight batteries from the supplier Luyuan (Amy). The price was good for the quality and I got a discount thanks to the forum. Two weeks after paying for the order, I was contacted by Amy asking me if I could give her a different shipping address as they do not ship to islands (I live in one of the Balearic Islands). I told her no, that was my address and it was the one I gave her when I asked for the quote for my order.
She told me that it was a mistake and that they could not send the order to my address, so I should ask for the cancellation of the order to get my money back.

I believe that since it was her mistake, she should send my order and assume the cost, but she still won't give me a different solution.

I would be grateful if you could advise me what to do in this situation, if you know of any alternative that I can propose to the supplier, please let me know.

Thank you very much.

You should be able to find a shipping terminal in Barcelona or Valencia (you did not indicate which island that you reside on) and have it shipped there. You could then take the ferry and pick them up there. I know it would add to your cost, but living on an island in the Mediterranean would be repayment enough for me.

You should be able to find a shipping terminal in Barcelona and have it shipped there. You could then take the ferry and pick them up there. I know it would add to your cost, but living on an island in the Mediterranean would be repayment enough for me.
This is what I would do. Or use a freight forwarder. It would more than likely still be cheaper than ordering from within the EU.

Or use an affiliate address on the mainland - a friend or relative -and plan to pick them up.
You cannot force a supplier to ship to a prohibited destination or at an excessive cost.

I believe that since it was her mistake, she should send my order and assume the cost, but she still won't give me a different solution.

There are various reasons she can't directly ship to the islands and I assume that you know there are issues getting stuff there; you could have made sure she knew it was an island at the time you placed the order. Trying to make a supplier pay the costs for that is a bit disingenuous.

Ship to someone you know in Barcelona or Valencia and pick it up next time you go there.

There are several places around the world that direct shipment of certain goods is not possible for any number of reasons. Sadly you are in just such a situation. Do you have a relative or friend on the Mainland that they can be shipped to where you can pick them up or have them forwarded to you by a local shipper ?

Thank you all for the answers.

But I paid for shipping to an island.If she told me she didn't ship to an island I wouldn't have placed the order. If I cancel the order now I will lose money because of someone else's mistake.

But I paid for shipping to an island.
They probably checked the shipping rates to Spain, aka they made a honest mistake. This happens.
If she told me she didn't ship to an island I wouldn't have placed the order. If I cancel the order now I will lose money because of someone else's mistake.
Feel free to check the pricing for equivalent cells from someone with a warehouse in EU, that will most likely be more expensive than having your current order shipped to family on the mainland and taking a ferry trip to pick them up.

But I paid for shipping to an island.If she told me she didn't ship to an island I wouldn't have placed the order. If I cancel the order now I will lose money because of someone else's mistake.
Youre being unreasonable. From the exact wording of your OP you said you gave her your address, and did not specifically say at that time it was an island. She had to find out the address was on an island at the time she went to ship the cells. At that time she contacted you to inform you of the problem. So its not her mistake just having insufficient info at the time the order was placed.
Its probable if a "mistake" (actually a discrepency between the shipping cost initially quoted and that which was incurred when it was actually ready to be shipped) was made, it was by the carrier Amy was using. Whatever the case the carrier isnt going to eat the difference and it is infair to expect Amy to eat that too.
Unless you just moved there you must know shipping companies charge a premium to reach you if they want to do it at all, if you arent prepared to take hits like these maybe you should move back to the mainland.
I see a similar situation when I meet people for transactions on craigslist. I live in the central part of a huge city, San Diego, and once in awhile will get a prospective buyer who lives in the mountain/desert rural areas about 90 miles away. They ask if I will significantly discount the item because they have to drive such a long way in to meet me. (and I often offer to drive 20 miles to the eastern edge of town already)
No, your remoteness does not justify a concession on my part. If I lived out in bumf*** thats a different story.

Anyway youll work it out and from what Ive heard Amys prices are as good as you will find.

Last edited:
LOL..."I live on a island".

Dood if you lived in the back country bush of alaska you would have to pay extra there too. That's just the way it is.
Pony up or get your money back.
Please explain how you're "losing money" if they offered to refund or cancel your order.

Try just buying them from your local hardware store. ?

fa0f99588c75fd18f7a54d8f09fb1fe8.jpg

This has been going on since November and you're just thinking about cancelling your order ---- How did you pay for them --I'd be contacting my CC card company

He mentioned something about it will cost him money --In the OP he said she told him to inquire about getting his money back --I'm confused how this has been left alone for a month or so -- maybe he's thinking they change their mind --who knows

I assume he found out it would be more expensive to get them shipped to the island he lives on, or that it would be more expensive to get cells from another supplier that can arrange shipping to him, and he thus calls that "losing money".

Why will you lose money?

Youre being unreasonable. From the exact wording of your OP you said you gave her your address, and did not specifically say at that time it was an island. She had to find out the address was on an island at the time she went to ship the cells. At that time she contacted you to inform you of the problem. So its not her mistake just having insufficient info at the time the order was placed.
Its probable if a "mistake" (actually a discrepency between the shipping cost initially quoted and that which was incurred when it was actually ready to be shipped) was made, it was by the carrier Amy was using. Whatever the case the carrier isnt going to eat the difference and it is infair to expect Amy to eat that too.
Unless you just moved there you must know shipping companies charge a premium to reach you if they want to do it at all, if you arent prepared to take hits like these maybe you should move back to the mainland.
I see a similar situation when I meet people for transactions on craigslist. I live in the central part of a huge city, San Diego, and once in awhile will get a prospective buyer who lives in the mountain/desert rural areas about 90 miles away. They ask if I will significantly discount the item because they have to drive such a long way in to meet me. (and I often offer to drive 20 miles to the eastern edge of town already)
No, your remoteness does not justify a concession on my part. If I lived out in bumf*** thats a different story.

Anyway youll work it out and from what Ive heard Amys prices are as good as you will find.
I gave her the complete address, including the island.

He mentioned something about it will cost him money --In the OP he said she told him to inquire about getting his money back --I'm confused how this has been left alone for a month or so -- maybe he's thinking they change their mind --who knows
I will lose money because of the exchange rate EUR-USD

It seems that this was not the best place to ask for help. I am a newbie and it looks like Amy has a lot of friends around here.
I'll take that as a lesson.
Thanks again.

While I won't weigh in on fault or blame, I am sorry for your troubles. I suspect your best bet of a positive resolution is to communicate with Amy Wan, and try to find a fair resolution you can both work with. A refund doesn't sound unreasonable.

Why will you lose money?
I'm pretty sure the majority think everyone resides in the US on this forum, I have also lost money on orders with refunds, our currency isn't USD believe it or not worldwide, but we have to pay in USD at the time of purchase and this is calculated against local currency exchange rate at the time. My refund was processed six weeks later for the exact same amount in USD but due to a poor rate from USD/GBP at the time i received £150 less than I paid out. As for the OP's original post, like everyone here, when you place an order they ask for your address to calculate a shipping cost with the shipper.

Back