diy solar

diy solar

Problem with order to Shenzhen Luyuan (Amy) HELP PLEASE!

I guess the solution to enlist a freight forwarder was unacceptable, oh well.

It seems that this was not the best place to ask for help. I am a newbie and it looks like Amy has a lot of friends around here.
I'll take that as a lesson.
Thanks again.

That as nothing to do with this. I order from plenty of other vendors, and I know for example that if I want batteries to Åland here in Finland, it's going to be something I have to arrange myself since no vendor can ship there directly.

How much money will you lose on getting the refund, and because of what? The exchange rate versus the Euro has been improving in your favor.

Reactions: Dzl
I'm pretty sure the majority think everyone resides in the US on this forum, I have also lost money on orders with refunds, our currency isn't USD believe it or not worldwide, but we have to pay in USD at the time of purchase and this is calculated against local currency exchange rate at the time. My refund was processed six weeks later for the exact same amount in USD but due to a poor rate from USD/GBP at the time i received £150 less than I paid out. As for the OP's original post, like everyone here, when you place an order they ask for your address to calculate a shipping cost with the shipper.
Not sure why you would jump to that conclusion, I'm also from the UK. You could just as easily benefit from the change in currency. In fact a dollar refund now would give you a profit compared the value of the Euro in November. Either way - if you're buying batteries again in USD then there's no real difference.

It seems that this was not the best place to ask for help. I am a newbie and it looks like Amy has a lot of friends around here.
I'll take that as a lesson.
Thanks again.
She has friends for a reason - coming back to you after 2 weeks with an apology for getting the shipping cost wrong is nothing compared to what you will get from some sellers. You'll be best off buying from a "reputable" seller in Europe I think.

Not sure why you would jump to that conclusion, I'm also from the UK. You could just as easily benefit from the change in currency. In fact a dollar refund now would give you a profit compared the value of the Euro in November. Either way - if you're buying batteries again in USD then there's no real difference.
I agree, you could get more back but in my case and it would seem with the other guy's it hasn't panned out like that.

My suggestion is to run cost benefit analysis: getting a refund vs. buying locally vs. keep the current order (plus additional cost). This way you know what is best for you. Good Luck!

Thank you all for the answers.

But I paid for shipping to an island.If she told me she didn't ship to an island I wouldn't have placed the order. If I cancel the order now I will lose money because of someone else's mistake.
everyone that lives on an island knows that shipping is VERY expensive...and in many cases shippers will not deliver to that address.
You knew you lived on an island so the right way to give your address would have been, "I live in spain, ON AN ISLAND".

You kept a very important part of your situation "hidden" from the seller; that is on you.

Thank you all for the answers.

But I paid for shipping to an island.If she told me she didn't ship to an island I wouldn't have placed the order. If I cancel the order now I will lose money because of someone else's mistake.
you knew full well that direct shipping to the islands is next to impossible when you made the order...
same goes for canary islands...

either use forwarder in malaga or gibraltar or cancel

you knew full well that direct shipping to the islands is next to impossible when you made the order...
same goes for canary islands...

either use forwarder in malaga or gibraltar or cancel
I think thats the main point and why people are jumping on him. Living on an island, these situations are the norm and not rare and he is making it out like Amy did something wrong.
Now he has added the additional information that the address states its an island, but its doubtful Amys computer uses English as its native language and she probably uses translation software and didnt realize any significance to it.
If it were me Id just pay the additional shipping and be done with it.

Take a look at what she offered you. Now look at other members' experiences with other sellers. She made an honest mistake not realizing your exact location and to demand she send it to you at the quoted price would wipe all her earnings and then some. You are entitled to a refund. You are not entitled to demand she ship the batteries to you. That law does not exist, and certainly not in China.

Back