diy solar

diy solar

Problems with Valence software scanning battery

Russ

I still cannot get the laptop to find the battery. I am logged in as administrator on Windows 10. I connect to the battery and start the scan and it will not find any modules any ideas. I have a picture of the adapter wiring 5 wires straight through.

Attachments

• VALENCE WIRING ADAPTER.jpg
    VALENCE WIRING ADAPTER.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 53
Your PC should see the cable before you hook it to anything. Will show the com port in device manager. Once you have established that then make sure you have the matching com port set in the Valance software. Then attached your cable to the battery, click on "Locate". It will scan your battery and display the module number. Hit the enter key or manually enter the module number in the communications module field. Then hit "Start Read"

Com port is fine in device manager or it will tell you there is a port problem. I was told to hit scan. I will try Locate

Your PC should see the cable before you hook it to anything. Will show the com port in device manager. Once you have established that then make sure you have the matching com port set in the Valance software. Then attached your cable to the battery, click on "Locate". It will scan your battery and display the module number. Hit the enter key or manually enter the module number in the communications module field. Then hit "Start Read"
It still will not find a battery. Are we sure the wires are straight through.

Are we sure we don't need to cross the RX to TX.

Here is the 5 pin wiring diagram picture showing all wire straight through

Attachments

• VALENCE WIRING ADAPTER.jpg
    VALENCE WIRING ADAPTER.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 47
I don't think it matters which cable male or female you connect the USB serial adapter to correct?
Are we sure you do not need a 120 omh resistor?

I do appreciate your efforts trying to help me. I need all I can get and this does get frustrating !

I have 4 hooked in parallel. There is 2 banks of 2 hooked to a Perko switch. Today I hooked the communication cables to the top back and the lower bank So just the top 2 are hooked to each other and the bottom 2 are hooked to each other. No terminator. I was able the read Bat 1 and 2 of the top bank and bat 3 and 4 of the lower bank. Pretty cool. I'm going to make a long cabinet to connect them all so all I have to do is plug into on of the bats and be able to read all 4 with a single connection!

Attachments

• IMG_3201.JPG
    IMG_3201.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 28
Leaving the wires straight through.

Going to put a resistor on it as per the manual. It needs a 120 ohm and I found a 150 ohm in a TV set I am going to try. Can't get one today.
Big question is between what pins does it go??????

I have 4 hooked in parallel. There is 2 banks of 2 hooked to a Perko switch. Today I hooked the communication cables to the top back and the lower bank So just the top 2 are hooked to each other and the bottom 2 are hooked to each other. No terminator. I was able the read Bat 1 and 2 of the top bank and bat 3 and 4 of the lower bank. Pretty cool. I'm going to make a long cabinet to connect them all so all I have to do is plug into on of the bats and be able to read all 4 with a single connection!
I only have one battery connected. Maybe some laptops and USB adapters need it and maybe some don't. I have seen that before and more than once.

I only have one battery connected. Maybe some laptops and USB adapters need it and maybe some don't. I have seen that before and more than once.
Not sure what a perko switch is

No I get Module Diag 32 No Battery Found. No resistor all wire straight through. Logged in as Administrator. Com9 as stated in Device Manager.

Anyone want to connect remotely? If you download TeamViewer it's free and no port forwarding or anything necessary.
This should be simple I know

I have indicator lights on the adapter. Activity that is always on. Then TX and RX. When looking for the battery the Green light for TX does flash quickly as it should. The RX light does nothing

Now it says scan complete No Modules Found. Tried both settings at 6, 5 and 1. Any ideas I am about out of ideas

This setup looks great honestly. I wonder if it would work with only 1 battery

Getting module ID not found or does not exist?

What should the 2 module settings be set to for 1 battery?

Logging on as administrator isn't enough, you have to run the program as administrator as well. On the com port, have another look at the com window in the Valence software. Click the pull down arrow to see if it shows you another com port. I seem to recall that my device manager showed com3, but the software didn't find anything there but it did also show a com4. Tried com4 and it worked. For the cable hookup, I used the end nearest the positive terminal. I didn't use the 120 ohm terminator.

I am not using that connector. I will make a female adapter on the positive side. I have a com 8 and it shows up in device manager. If you choose it in the software it immediately fails but 9 does not.

Thanks for sticking with me I will try what you said

No.
Running as administrator and logged in as administrator and connect to cable by positive.
Click on Locate and battery not found
Click on Scan and no modules found.
Time to rest some and go back to the drawing board.
Thanks for continuing to work with me today.
I will try a little later

Back