diy solar

diy solar

Progressive Solar SLT 600 Trailer? Lets Convert It!

Somemedic

Hi folks

I recently received an SLT 600 and have designs on using it to supplement a whole house battery.

The SLT 600 is a fairly compact trailer used as a lighting trailer for wherever light is needed (construction sites, festival parking lots) and power isn't accessible or gen sets are unavailable.

I saw Will's YT video about the cargo trailer. The investment to go to solar seems fairly significant to me at this point in my life. However after watching his video I saw multiple applications for it... camping, disaster relief... I can make the investment happen now and take it with me if I decide to leave my current home to my next home while supplementing my power needs and recouping my investment.

The trailer purchase was minimal. It has some room to expand, as my budget and needs allow, doing so at my own pace. This also allows me to learn and specialize my skill set. Solar is not necessarily my forte but with the rising cost of electricity coupled with the fact that it isn't always available, I see an opportunity to educate myself and family while lowering my overhead.

Right now l need to add a 24 v inverter and was wondering which inverter was gonna work for me. I saw one on Will's page by Giandel and will most likely purchase it as there is currently no inverter for ac power. I would enjoy hearing other options or your thoughts.... cheers

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210311-101943_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210311-101943_Chrome.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Back