diy solar

diy solar

project building a 36v battery with 70 plus amp hour battery to go 2 days of fishing on 112 thrust trolling motor.

floridianman27

hello everyone, I'm new here and placed an order for Ultrex 112 thrust (max amp draw is 52 amps) 36 volt system for my 18 foot lund. I have a Valence U27-12xp battery for my two humminbirds and garmin livescope (overkill on amp hours.) with the victron energy IP67 blue smart 12v/17ah battery charger. I was planning to order 2 more of the U27-12xp but then i wasn't sure if i need a charger for each battery or i can hook up one 12v17ah charger to all three at once. Now I'm thinking of building one 36 volt battery for my new trolling motor with like 70-80 amps to go two days if fishing with out charging. Pretty sure i need a new 36 volt battery charger. would I be able to use the U27-12xp has a starting and main battery? The U27-12xp is 12v, 144Ah, group 27,max cont. current is 150 A, charge voltage 12.6, energy is 1843.

No. you can't hook a single 12V charger to 3 12V batteries each in series. Well, you CAN do it, but the sparks and carnage that follows would be bad if not at least epic in nature.

Your "i wasn't sure if i need a charger for each battery or i can hook up one 12v17ah charger to all three at once." didn't convey a sense of confidence in the matter.

After reading your post again a few times, I realize there actually was a question in there. The answer is yes.

I kinda figured that out is hook the chargers to the center battery and the. Hook up the others by parallel to spread the love of electric. I have decided to have three 12 volt batteries than one 36 volt. Having said that. I can use a 12 volt to jump start my main if it becomes dead while out on the water.

I’m looking at these batteries on AliExpress and alibaba site. How do I figure out the cells and quantities to make a 36 volt battery to about 80-100 amp hours? I understand that a BMS is needed which is no problem. Just don’t want to buy the incorrect cells for my building of a trolling motor battery. I also have been looking around in line for a 36 volt battery charger that is like a 10-20 amp charger. I’m seeing 12v and 24v from VictronConnect site. What has everyone came across.

I was looking at the dakota lithium 36volt, but was also interested in figuring out how to use 3x valence 12v. Would you be able to use a 36 volt charger?

You will need a BMS for the valance U27-12XP batteries. Also if you buy one 36 volt battery it’s hard to find a 36 volt charger. I was looking around a few months back. Not a lot of options. Mostly 12 volt and 24 volt charger. I have one VictronConnect 12 volt 17 amp hour charger for the one valance battery I am using with my Humminbird and garmin fish finders

That’s a good price for. 36 volt 18 amp hour charger. By the time I get my 36 volt battery the price will go back up. Unless Dakota is trying to move the product out of their warehouse

question here on this 36 volt charger. Are you hooking it up to three 12 volt batteries hooked up in series or hooking up to one single 36v battery bank.

Haven't purchased anything yet. Still trying to figure out if i want go with expensive pre-built or half the price DIY. leaning towards DIY. I'm thinking about just using my minn kota MK345 to charge them, if DIY 3x 12v lifepo4. Otherwise, if i had that charger i mentioned, i would use it in either scenario. Although, I would only purchase it, if I build a DIY 12S, 36v battery or the dakota 36v.

Back