diy solar

diy solar

Project solar2mqtt - get data from PIP protocol inverters

lacrimosa2k2

Hello,
I wanted to introduce you to my little project, maybe it helps one or the other.
it is based on a esp8266 and a max3232
currently i am testing the software with an easun smv 3k plus, orginal a 3023MSXE with PI30 protokol.
actualy works to get the solar, battery and grid data
at the moment only reading is supported, but it is in progress to get an option for setting parameters

when it doenst work, pleas share me the log files from watchpower, the inverter has varius protocol versions.
for interesting users, it has an option for debug data (raw from inverter) to mqtt and serial log over the second serial port

Hello,
I wanted to introduce you to my little project, maybe it helps one or the other.
it is based on a esp8266 and a max3232
currently i am testing the software with an easun smv 3k plus, orginal a 3023MSXE with PI30 protokol.
actualy works to get the solar, battery and grid data
at the moment only reading is supported, but it is in progress to get an option for setting parameters

when it doenst work, pleas share me the log files from watchpower, the inverter has varius protocol versions.
for interesting users, it has an option for debug data (raw from inverter) to mqtt and serial log over the second serial port

nice little project.
does the mqtt have a item generation for hass.io ,and would it be compatible with the new energy topics within hass.io ?
currently using a raspi, but this would be an even smaller a sweeter little setup

nice little project.
does the mqtt have a item generation for hass.io ,and would it be compatible with the new energy topics within hass.io ?
currently using a raspi, but this would be an even smaller a sweeter little setup
i dont know about the hass.io item generation, have you a link to explain me this?
partial the project have json strings with data, but its a lot of boring write work, so its not complete. so i search at the moment for a way to generate the datapoint lists automaticly

i dont know about the hass.io item generation, have you a link to explain me this?
partial the project have json strings with data, but its a lot of boring write work, so its not complete. so i search at the moment for a way to generate the datapoint lists automaticly
take a look at jblache's python script.
he also has just about all mpp solar communication protocols in his github.

you'll find the output definitions in
mpp-solar/mppsolar/outputs

take a look at jblache's python script.
he also has just about all mpp solar communication protocols in his github.

you'll find the output definitions in
mpp-solar/mppsolar/outputs
ah thanks, at the moment is this not possibil, for future i have make me a notice

Hello lacrimosa2k2,
thx al lot for sharing your project.
I got my PIP8048MAX working, but some values are not set, for example Total_Energy_KWh.

Here is my data chain:

ESP8266 -> MQTT -> FHEM -> Influx-DB -> Grafana

I am trying to get the kWh per Day, Month and Year.

I have WatchPower on my iPad, and I shows me in the Overview Dashboard the Today Power.
I tried to bild that in Grafana too, but that didn't work so far.

I realized, that the ESP's send every 6 Second's a Watts value:
name: WR2_AC_out_Watt

time value
---- -----
2022-07-24T20:40:24.464451039Z 222
2022-07-24T20:40:30.41438525Z 230
2022-07-24T20:40:38.387845501Z 229
2022-07-24T20:40:44.390182711Z 231
2022-07-24T20:40:52.398950149Z 230

I is possible, that you put in the next release the kWh for the PIP8048MAX?

Regards Bülo

Back