diy solar

diy solar

Projected 112F heat wave on 9/4/22 in Sac CA

Skypower

Solar Wizard
I’m probably going to go on grid to save the inverters for a few hours (USB mode, pass through). I have twin LV6548’s and when we had 108F I saw the internal temperature reached 64c or 147F. This was after the batteries were solar charged and running the AC full tilt. Yeah, I’ll pay a few bucks for peak rates that day but it’s cheap insurance, and if the grid goes down, I won’t even know it unless I look at Solar Assistant Lol. And if it does I’ll have full batteries. If I read the manual correctly, when the internal temperature reaches 100C, it shuts down, but I heard of some shutting down well before that too. 64C is dang hot, too hot to comfortably hold your hand on it and probably safe just to give it a break. Has anyone else done this too?

I'm very close to Sacto, and get the same weather. My inverter is out in a shed, and the fan comes on but the case doesn't get super hot. I'm only pulling about 400W, though.

I'm very close to Sacto, and get the same weather. My inverter is out in a shed, and the fan comes on but the case doesn't get super hot. I'm only pulling about 400W, though.
I’m around 10 times that at 2pm lol. They are a hummin.

Back