Proof! 310AH and 320AH Cells being sold on Alibaba, AliExpress, Amazon and Ebay are not what they say.

Solar Supply House

Solar Enthusiast
Hey folks, Anytime you see 310, 315 and 320AH cells, they are lying to you. They are actually 302AH (EVE makes a 304) .

FakeBatteries.pngI discovered this as the cell buyer for our company, which I am a representative of.

I was finishing a negotiation from a source for several hundred 310AH cells and the seller said, when she was about draft the order, "Oh, These are really 302AH cells." Although fully advertised as 310AH.
Screen Shot 2021-09-12 at 3.07.24 PM.png

After making some other inquires and pressing the issue it was determined that, sure enough, CATL and EVE do not make a cell that size. So the sellers on Alibaba, AliExpress, Ebay, Amazon and others are marketing 310-320AH cells that are actually 302s because, they claim they will output that capacity, although the Manufacturer does not guarantee it and you probably won't get it. Mr Prowse recently confirmed this in a video of 320AH cells from Amazon.

Here is a text thread from the seller I placed an order with on August 9, 2021 several hundred 310AH Cells on Alibaba. This conversation took place 3 weeks after shipment.
Red text is me. Blue text is the supplier in China.

John Bensimon:
Somebody from another supplier said your 310AH cells are actually CATL 302AH cells.

+86 131 xxxxxxxxx:
Yes 302 model . Normally call 310on alibaba and 320 on Aliexpress

John Bensimon:
Explain. Did you sell to me 302AH cells and call them 310?

+86 131 xxxxxxxxx:
302model
302 model normal with more than 310ah . Even 315ah

John Bensimon:
What is in the boxes that you shipped to me on August 9 order?

+86 131 xxxxxxxxx:
Everybody call 310 for CATL 302model and only CATL have this
Same
Here the seller is saying they call all CATL 302, 310AH Cells
John Bensimon:
Why did you send me a 310 specification sheet and not a 302 specification sheet. I now have both sheets. One must be false.
302Ah 产品规格书 Product Specification of 302Ah Cell
电芯型号 Cell Model: LEP71H3L7-01 电芯容量 Cell Capacity: 302Ah

I uploaded a CATL 302 specification sheet another seller had.

310Ah 产品规格书 Product Specification of 310Ah Cell
电芯容量 Cell Capacity: 310Ah

Then I uploaded the 310 Cell Specification sheet provided with the seller. They were identical except the 302AH specification was changed to 310AH

+86 131 xxxxxxxxx:
302 is original, we change 302 to 310, the rest is same

Seller is admitting they doctored and changed the specification sheet to be a 310 Spec. They removed all the references to 302AH and Photoshoped in 310AH.

John Bensimon:
I am expecting these cells. The order/contract specifies in writing has this. “310Ah 产品规格书 Product Specification of 310Ah Cell

+86 131 xxxxxxxxx:
I though u knows. And everyone call 310on alibaba. And for more than 300ah it’s the only model. So no matter 302 310 320 it’s the same cells. If u blame me for didn’t say it then I’m sorry. We do always call them 310

Seller claims I am ignorant that I don’t know that everyone lies about the cells.

John Bensimon:
And somebody forged the specification sheet, then? Changed 302 to 310?
Photoshop or similar? CATL did not do the change?
伪造的

+86 131 xxxxxxxxx:
We just change the name 310. The rest is same.

Seller admits again for forging the specification sheet

In summary, all these sellers of 310-320AH Cells are frauds. They are not the manufacturer's specification and therefore they don't have to meet that spec. I have in my possession, the doctored specification sheets on the 310AH Cells. The biggest clue is the text 302 has been replaced with 310 AND the cell sizes are EXACTLY THE SAME FOR A CLAIMED HIGHER CAPACITY PRODUCT.

Fortunately, we did not market any of this the cells from this order on our website. Our next shipment will be advertised for what they really are and we will do an official bench capacity test.

John B.
If you have any different information, please post it. I believe several sellers conversations show this clearly.

Last edited:

Solar Supply House

Solar Enthusiast
A few months back I bought 4x 3.2v "310ah" Prismatic cells from an AliExpress vendor for our van battery conversion project (from AGM to LifePO4). In several capacity tests to setup the BMS and shunt they did push out at least 310ah and even a bit more. For discharge the most I have pushed then to is .58 C (tea pot and induction stove both running). I have tested them for about 90 days (20 days on the bench and 70 days and 8600 miles on the road/off-road) and all is well. They were about the cheapest I could find so maybe I got lucky?
That's great! You got lucky. But to advise, there is no such thing as a vendors overwriting a manufacturers spec sheet. Period! We have cells that are actually 304AH Grade A+ in stock as of today, November 4, 2021

digitaldoug

We used to sell a 5litre V8 vehicle (sold millions of them)
Not too many people cared that the capacity wasn’t quite 5litres.
If you are buying off Ali - this lie is likely the least of your concerns in the long term.
Well, Aliexpress.com is advertising 420Ah cells that are really 240Ah (measured) cells. Is this an acceptable "exaggeration/lie" for you?

Dzl

Perpetual Newbie & Unofficial Forum Librarian
Staff member
We used to sell a 5litre V8 vehicle (sold millions of them)
Not too many people cared that the capacity wasn’t quite 5litres.
Couple things, rounding to the nearest whole number or round number is sometimes disingenous but sometimes just convenient and not dishonest. In the case of 302Ah the obvious answer would be to call it 300Ah if one were to round up or down. Not 310 or 320. Next, engine liters isn't the type of thing most consumers pay attention to or understand (and those who do pay attention probably don't understand beyond assuming bigger=better). I think a more apt comparison would inflating fuel range or gas tank size, or fuel economy.

If you are buying off Ali - this lie is likely the least of your concerns in the long term.
Agreed (usually). Mild spec inflation should not be excused or accepted, but it should be expected on Aliexpress especially, and also on Alibaba. But out of the potential risks/dowsides/misrepresentations, its not the thing I would be most concerned about. Even among the sources many here feel are (or were) more 'trusted' there has been misrepresentation.

Supervstech

Administrator
Staff member
I was told by a battery rep, that 10 to20%!!! Is within spec for a battery...
So, if sold as 320, as long as it is over 280Ah, it is "within spec"...
Ugh...

Solar Supply House

Solar Enthusiast
Some people believe anything. It's China.I get so much disingenuous information from them. Many are just frauds trying to make a buck. Too bad, it's our buck. Buyer beware, Cavat Emptor.

Alkaline

Solar Enthusiast
So lets post the liars:

Basen = Liar, Alex Chen is a complete fraud will say anything to make a sale. I fell for them after Watching Lithium Solar's video... never again. HAS No Grade A stock on factory rejects and that is what they are using in there prebuilt 300A cells. Factory Rejects.
Xuba = Liar, Also because of Xuba everyone on Alibaba has an "Amy" working for them including the Males, they are Amys as well. Remember its 2021 and there is no such thing as gender any more...
DoocanTech / Lithicore = Liar, USA warehouse even selling cells as old as 2019 as NEW, they don't' even have LF280 on them!
Exliporc = liar, no manufacturer report claims grade A, but if you demand Factory REPORT then the price shoots up $25.00/cell
Deligreen = liar, will happily sell you scratched off qr code cells
Likota = Pure scam, a guy here in Europe got like 128 cells of PURE HOT GARBAGE.
Quisho = Fair admits it sells grade B at least, some times. Offgride Solar is buying there stuff but has to constantly battle with balancers and other BS because the CELLS are GRADE B baloney.

Do not let these people get a pass, confront them and tell them PRODUCE Verifable Factory Test reports or pound sand.

Rememer NO CATL on alibaba is official, its greymarket factory rejects
NO GangFeng Cell on alibaba is official its greymarket factory rejects

ONLY eve has an official channel, and only So far Luyuan is selling genuine cells because they have a direct channel to EVE, every other seller is full of it.

Bud Martin

Photon Sorcerer
So lets post the liars:

Basen = Liar, Alex Chen is a complete fraud will say anything to make a sale. I fell for them after Watching Lithium Solar's video... never again. HAS No Grade A stock on factory rejects and that is what they are using in there prebuilt 300A cells. Factory Rejects.
Xuba = Liar, Also because of Xuba everyone on Alibaba has an "Amy" working for them including the Males, they are Amys as well. Remember its 2021 and there is no such thing as gender any more...
DoocanTech / Lithicore = Liar, USA warehouse even selling cells as old as 2019 as NEW, they don't' even have LF280 on them!
Exliporc = liar, no manufacturer report claims grade A, but if you demand Factory REPORT then the price shoots up $25.00/cell
Likota = Pure scam, a guy here in Europe got like 128 cells of PURE HOT GARBAGE.
Quisho = Fair admits it sells grade B at least, some times. Offgride Solar is buying there stuff but has to constantly battle with balancers and other BS because the CELLS are GRADE B baloney.

Do not let these people get a pass, confront them and tell them PRODUCE Verifable Factory Test reports or pound sand.

ONLY eve has an official channel, and only So far Luyuan is selling genuine cells because they have a direct channel to EVE, every other seller is full of it.
Are you talking about the same Doncan tech in Houston in this thread? Did you buy from them? Are they grade 'A'? What did they say when you confront them about what they sell? It looks like many people are happy with the purchase in the thread below.

Last edited:

RobertGreen

Solar Addict
Are you talking about the same Doncan tech in Houston in this thread? Did you buy from them? Are they grade 'A'? What did they say when you confront them about what they sell?
Docan/Lithicore appear to operate from the same location in Houston.

When I ordered from them, they offered me several alternatives that they had available, I picked the one I wanted, and I received exactly what I ordered. As have dozens of others so far on this forum.
If you've gotten a stinker of an order from them @Alkaline , please post more details. Did they truly and clearly seek to misrepresent what they were selling, or did you just fail to ask the right questions?

Sback

Solar Enthusiast
So lets post the liars:

I have bought a lot of batteries from @Amy Zheng from Houston warehouse. LF 280 is right on the qr code. I have also done over a dozen capacity test on there eve 280 grade A and the catl 280 grade B and not one came in under capacity.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211117-203115_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211117-203115_Gallery.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9

Alkaline

Solar Enthusiast
I have bought a lot of batteries from @Amy Zheng from Houston warehouse. LF 280 is right on the qr code. I have also done over a dozen capacity test on there eve 280 grade A and the catl 280 grade B and not one came in under capacity.

There 4 cell pack does not. If you got good cells then they are selling a mix of Grade A and B. I know for a fact I was helping a friend in Beaumont tx he had cells with out the LF280 on them, but they had the red /black caps, it made NO sense.

I told him to do a capacity test and his pack only got 271 AH on a very low 30 amp discharge. It was measured with a victron Shunt.

Alkaline

Solar Enthusiast
I don't know what the woman's name was but She was a young Asian woman and sent a video of another customer who tested to 280 AH using a blue tester that looks like a bread box, thus we don't know how to test :mad:

I know for a fact that compared to the 280N welded stud cells I have from Luyuan these are were not the same. It was not worth the $200.00 savings.

You have to use some type of additional balancer on the Doocan tech/lithicore cells or they will never fully charge, 1 goes to 3.65 the others are 3.34, 3.37.

With the luyuan cells I did not have to do anything, not even balance, took them striaght out of the box and they charged perfect to 3.65 all at the same time.

SO YES the place in houston tx is selling grade B, this is the warehouse by that cross fit gym and church (I don't know if there are 2 places selling these cells) I was there when we picked up the cells we there was an old dude that handed us the box, we opened it and it looked good the cells appeared new, but I have now learned appearance means nothing!

These cells that are being sold may look new, but they are all Rejects that do not meet the manufacturer specifications. Automakers do not use them and the company sells them off in large lots as defective products.

Basically if you do not get a manufacturers sample report with the serial range that includes your cell, it is grade B defective rejects. That essentially removes 95% of all alibaba / aliexrpess sellers including there USA locations which are also selling grade B.

Alkaline

Solar Enthusiast

If you did not get 286-290 AH you got grade B. Grade A always are above capacity at a .3C test. 280AH = Grade B.

Hedges

I See Electromagnetic Fields!
You have to use some type of additional balancer on the Doocan tech/lithicore cells or they will never fully charge, 1 goes to 3.65 the others are 3.34, 3.37.

With the luyuan cells I did not have to do anything, not even balance, took them striaght out of the box and they charged perfect to 3.65 all at the same time.

If one cell hits 3.65V before others get so high, you should top balance them once. (using a CV/CC bench supply set to 3.65V)

I don't think it is a problem if cells are delivered not completely balanced. Perhaps that could be done at the factory.

Now it may be the cells self-discharge at different rates. In that case we hope the BMS passive balancer can keep up with it. If not that would affect usable capacity.