diy solar

diy solar

Proposed 24v Motorhome Solar System

Don't drink the water.
Drink the tequila.

... and it doubles as fuel.

Mike,
Sorry for the delay in replying...been busy running around getting things lined up for the new rig...
My inverters stay on all the time and never go to "sleep" this does impact the overhead but not as much as I initially feared, compared to what I pull all the time in loads.
I went to 24V 3K for a couple of reasons..cheaper components during install and wide availability of replacement parts if I need them and can use smaller wire. Paper audit of the new system allows me to greatly reduce the wattage draw and the new mini split will be 110V instead of 240V. Since I will retain propane for heat, hot water and cooking it really reduces my max loads.
As for the battery, I wanted the reserve for multiple days of no or low solar generation before I have to run a genny for a few hours. Just hate the noise.
The color control GX gives the wife a clear method to see the whole system at glance and allows her to better understand what is going on. She is much more comfortable with it than the individual units/bluetooth. If it was just me I think I would just have the smart shunt. I have the 712 on my current system and feel that it is redundant when you have the GX..so I will go with the smart shunt on the new system.
The new battery will be built with Lishen 272AH cells...(picking up today) for me they are much more cost effective than the Fortune cells...they were not available when I built the current system.
I really like the idea of the Wave 3 in the bedroom.. I want to see how the Wave 6 does in the smaller rig...I can always add right?

good luck on your build sir.

Back