diy solar

diy solar

PSA - Double check your connections

solardad

Solar Enthusiast
Just a friendly reminder to double check your busbar connections.

I "thought" I did a decent job with my terminal connections, even bought and used a torque wrench to "ensure" I had a proper connection.
It wasn't until this week that I noticed that one of my cells tended to drift higher than the other under high load, charge/discharge, and I decided to figure out which cell in the 2p arrangement was the slacker for future replacement. I wasn't feeling too worried since the issue only presented itself under those conditions and the cell was well within the 3.65 upper limit. After I identified the cell and tightened everything back up I decided to give the nut a little extra knowing that the torque wrench is not perfect, and when I mean little literally only a little, almost like a bump of the driver.

In short the next day when the load was on again with full sun that cell (9) was back inline with the rest... No issues. very pleased with the EVE cells.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-09 at 10.46.45 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-09 at 10.46.45 AM.png
    116 KB · Views: 18
Which BMS (software?) is that?
None. I use a Batrium Watchmon4 BMS and the screenshot is from a graphing platform Grafana that I use to build graphs based on the Batrium data. In short the data flows, Batrium>NodeRed>Influxdb>grafana. Allows me to tailor and build views of the data as needed.

Back