diy solar

diy solar

Purchasing a new van. Questions about current power situation for solar off grid.

phanop

Here is the Van that was purchased...
https://conversiontrader.com/listin...tic-wood-build-and-convertable-to-cargo-mode/

Questions:

What watts solar panels, batteries capacity & inverter I would need to power these items?

How many days will the power last without recharging?

How much DC power used? How much AC power used with these items?

Main Question is what watts solar panels are ideal for me to get right now so I can upgrade the battery with Jackery 500W? and will it all work together with the inverter (info below) that's in Van right now?

I will have these items in Van:

12V fridge (200w) (201Kwh)

Computer (100w) (37kwh)

Maxx fan

ceiling lights

other lights (reading etc)

Electronics= computer, iPhone, iPad, camera.....

Bullet Blender (200W)

Toaster oven (1200w)

Heater (diesel or gas)

AC unit (small)

Van has these right now:

Maxx fan

12V fridge

Lights

Battle Born batteries 100W
Battle Born LiFePO4 Deep Cycle Battery - 100Ah 12v with Built-in BMS - 3000-5000 Deep Cycle Rechargeable Battery - Perfect for RV/Camper, Marine, Overland/Van, and Off Grid Applications

40A MPPT 1000W inverter.
PIP-1012LV-MS 1000W 12V 120Vac Solar Invert + 40A MPPT +Gen/Util 20A | eBay

The jackery 500 only has a 544Wh battery... that van has 2400 Wh storage and an 800 W inverter...
I’m not sure I understand your question.

Last edited:
Nobody can help you until you determine your usage. You've got some kWh figures there - what are they?

You state the batteries in the van are 100W... that is not correct, they are 100Ah each, in 12v config, the pair would be 200Ah, which is 2400plus Wh... far larger than the jackery 500 could dream about...

Reactions: Zil
Back