Pure Sine Wave?

mwheel

Hi folks. I'll be housesitting for the next few months at my old place. This is an off grid home with solar and wind charging a 24V battery bank. AC is delivered by an old Xantrex Trace PS Series inverter. I bought it used in 2004, and was never sure whether its output was a square or pure sine wave.
Is anyone familiar enough with their older gear to know this? Can't find the answer in the owner's manual.
If it's square/modified, does anyone know whether there's an affordable device which could plug into an AC socket and convert the current to a cleaner sine wave safer for modern electronics?
Many thanks for any guidance.

JMc

Solar Enthusiast
To clean up a modified-sine output you’d need a band pass filter (60 Hz) than can handle heavy loads (1500W). If such a beast exits it’ll probably cost more than a pure sine inverter.

Alice2021

If you need a pure sine wave inverter,the better order a new one,it is impossible to converter a modified inverter to a pure sine wave inverter by some small changes,because their inside circuit board and transformer are different.