diy solar

diy solar

Putting 6 100 watt panels on my camper that is being built and I have some questions.

Blkbird

Putting 6 100w panels on my camper that is being built and I have some questions.
1. Would I be better of installing a permanent solar system including one Battle Born Lithium-ion battery or would I be better off just buying a Bluetti 200 solar generator?
2. My biggest power draw will be a 5000 but AC in the summer drawing 430w and a few other small items like LED Lights, phone chargers, e-readers, small TV, and a CPAP,
I have a 2200w inverter generator but I would only like to use it as little as possible. My tiny camper is only 5'W x 8'L x 5'H and will be completely covered by the solar panels mounted to a roof rack on an aluminum rack system that I'm trying to design to tilt.

Thanks, Dean

Hi Dean!

Welcome to the forums!
...1. ..better ..install... permanent .. or ... solar generator?
2. My biggest power draw will be ... a few other small items like LED...

1. Depends on your usage. If you have a portability use case outside the camper a mobile system can be useful. I have solar on the house, and have modified a peak jump start for my mobile needs. (You might also like Budget Models with Amazing Future Power; some DIY required).
  2. Those little things add up fast. What you need is an energy audit. Take a look at this post... put in all your items and usage to get an idea. @FilterGuy also has a spreadsheet here.
... mounted to a roof rack on an aluminum rack system that I'm trying to design to tilt.
That sounds cool! :love: Hope you start a thread to discuss/blog that as you go!

Back