diy solar

diy solar

PV Array DC Isolator Switch wiring

karloucho

Reconfiguring Single string array as dual strings.

I'm new to this forum and looking for some assistance in reconfiguring my PV array from Single to dual string. I have a 5kW array feeding a 5kW dual MPPT grid-connected Inverter and it's working fine, but will need to Export limit after adding a battery. Solax tell me this feature is only supported in Multi-mode (2 discrete PV strings), not Com-mode (single series connected array split to dual MPPT inverter inputs). I am investigating if my DC Isolation Switch is up for it. It's a 4 pole Siso 32 configured as 2 pole via shorting links, which may or may not be removable (first question)? See attached Photos. I'd prefer to avoid pulling it apart to find out at this point in time.
2nd question is regarding the wiring into the switch. I would expect there to be just 2 cables (POS and NEG) in and two out. There are just two out to the inverter, but each input terminal has 2 wires attached and I can't work out where they are coming from. I'm guessing two of the input cables are redundant, but not 100% on that.
I actually have a 2nd array (installed by different contractor) with the same switch configuration, so it appears to be configured to some sort of standard. I have 3 rows of different numbers of panels in both arrays if that has anything to do with it.
Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'd prefer not to start disconnecting things until I know what's going on, though I realise it may be the only way!

Attachments

• SisoSwitch.Label.jpg
    SisoSwitch.Label.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 10
  • SisoSwitch.Internal.1.jpg
    SisoSwitch.Internal.1.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 10
Back