diy solar

diy solar

"PV Array MPPT Voltage Range" in inverter specs

gribbly

I just want to confirm something with the EG4 3kW Off-Grid Inverter... in the manual it says "PV Array MPPT Voltage Range" is 120VDC~450VDC.

This means that you must supply at least 120V from the panels before charging will start, correct?

So if I had, say, three panels with VOC 50V, I'd have to put three in series (for a VOC of 150V) before the MPPT controller would start charging the battery. Do I have that right?

This means that you must supply at least 120V from the panels before charging will start, correct?
Correct

So if I had, say, three panels with VOC 50V, I'd have to put three in series (for a VOC of 150V) before the MPPT controller would start charging the battery. Do I have that right?
Correct

@BentleyJ where do you see that? I searched the manual for startup and see 120Vdc (I'd like you to be right, lower voltage would suit my use case better!):

1656379749611.png

Its a 48V inverter, doubtful it will start charging at 42V. I believe what I read was the min voltage for the Inverter electronics to start up when on Solar. Sorry.

Using the 3000EHV-48 and a

EG4-LifePower4 Lithium Battery | 48V

Not to beat the dead horse...
So if I start with 3 of these panels:

Model Type: SG-200WM​

Peak Power (Pmax): 200W

Production tolerance: ±3%

Maximum Power Current (Imp): 5.28A

Maximum Power Voltage (Vmp): 37.9V

Short Circuit Current (Isc): 5.56A

Open Circuit Voltage (Voc): 43.5V

I should be fine to start my 48V system?
Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
Back