diy solar

diy solar

PV Array temperature quick reference table

Dzl

Unofficial Forum Librarian & Perpetual Newbie
Staff member
I recently posted this in the resource section, but wanted to make a post as well for better visibility. The table below is a good straightforward resource for estimating open circuit voltage of your PV array in low temperatures. Very useful for sizing controllers when not all the panel specs are known, or you don't want to take the time to do the math or use a calculator.

Screenshot_2020-07-18 NEC Article 690 Solar PV Systems pdf.png

I'd like that harder if I could. Unfortunately, it demonstrates that my 3S panels will pop my Victron 150/100. 250/100 ordered.

Reactions: Dzl
Do the same factors/temperatures apply to monocrystalline?

If you are referring to the chart, yes, this would apply to both Poly and Mono panels (what the chart refers to as "Crystalline and Multicrystalline" panels I believe). I think mono panels are usually less effected by temps than poly panels so the chart will probably be more conservative with mono panels.

Yes. Crystalline = mono and multi = poly. Mono is SLIGHTLY less influence by temperature, but not enough to make a difference on the chart.

Yes. Crystalline = mono and multi = poly. Mono is SLIGHTLY less influence by temperature, but not enough to make a difference on the chart.

I suspect the chart is on the conservative side as well, since it has to apply to all panels, and probably has a bit of built in margin. Haven't done the math to compare though.

Back