diy solar

diy solar

PV configuration for 3 growatt spf 5000 es

I would go with 7s2p to each of two Growatt's.
And save the 3rd Growatt and pair of wires for future expansion.

Why do you say 8 or 9 are to many? I have been running 2 - 8 panel arrays with no problems. I have never seen it close to the calculated VOC of 399.2V.

VOC is Volts Open Circuit.
You can't see it when the panels are producing amps.
Only when the SCC is starting up, or shutting down.
Or when resetting the MPPT.

I'm just giving you the best option for using all of your panels.
In my opinion.

If I did that I would be over in amp max of 22, it would be around 30 and u usable above 22, max watts are 6000.
It's called overpaneling.
You will get to peak production earlier and remain there for longer in the evening. You will never see the full rated output from the panels. (Except for very rare occasions)

Why do you say 8 or 9 are to many? I have been running 2 - 8 panel arrays with no problems. I have never seen it close to the calculated VOC of 399.2V.
9 is too much for when the temperature drops as the Voltage will increase and fry your mppt.

If you want to test it out.
Put 7s2p to one Growatt.
And 7s to each of the other two.

If I did that I would be over in amp max of 22, it would be around 30 and u usable above 22, max watts are 6000.
I thought its 5000w actually?

And yes i wouldn't do it the way he suggested because you will lose power at peaks.

VOC is Volts Open Circuit.
You can't see it when the panels are producing amps.
Only when the SCC is starting up, or shutting down.
Or when resetting the MPPT.
Okay, I will agree with that. If we use the rated panel VOC x series panels that should be a max number...correct?

I also have heard that you have a 25% over spec limit but I don't want to try that.

Okay, I will agree with that. If we use the rated panel VOC x series panels that should be a max number...correct?
Correct

I also have heard that you have a 25% over spec limit but I don't want to try that.
Over on VOC is bad.
Over on amps is not.
Panels push volts, but only make amps available.
The SCC only draws the amps needed, up to its limit.

Back